'Neil Evans is very dedicated and always available to speak'.Legal 500 2020
40 Under 40: Rising Star in Private Equity (2019 - Legal Week)
Notable practitioner (IFLR 1000 2019 – Private Equity and M&A)
Neil Evans is a partner in Mayer Brown's London office and advises private equity firms, hedge funds, corporates and other financial investors on the full spectrum of corporate matters.
He has extensive experience advising clients on cross-border M&A transactions (private and public) and joint ventures, in particular in the real estate, TMT and industrials sectors.
Clients value his grasp of commercial issues, technical excellence and responsive, hands-on approach.
- Advising Equistone Partners on a bid in the consumer sector.
- Advising Francisco Partners on the acquisition of ByBox from LDC (and associated shareholder arrangements) for £221 million.
- Advising Office Depot, Inc. on the sale of its European business to Aurelius Group.
- Advising Warburg Pincus on its acquisition of Vistapharm, Inc. (and associated shareholder arrangements).
- Advising Apax Partners on its sale of Orange Switzerland to Xavier Niel’s NJJ Capital for €2.3 billion.
- Advising CBRE Group, Inc. on its acquisition of Norland Holdings Ltd for £265 million.
- Advising KKR on the acquisition of its stake in Cognita Schools from Bregal Partners (and associated shareholder arrangements).
- Advising Melrose Industries PLC on its sale of Marelli Motori to The Carlyle Group for €150 million.
- Advising Link REIT on its acquisition of The Cabot for £380 million.
- Advising a hedge fund and Norfin on their acquisition of a development plot in Portugal (and associated shareholder arrangements).
- Advising a hedge fund on its joint venture relating to the acquisition of an office building in London for £300 million.
- Advising the LKK Health Products Group, a member of the Hong Kong-based food company Lee Kum Kee Group, on its purchase of the Eastcheap Estate for £45 million.
- Advising Blackstone Real Estate Partners on the sale of Magnolia Park to Union Investment for €380 million.
- Advising Blackstone Real Estate Partners on the sale of Sintra Retail Park, Forum Sintra and Forum Montijo to Immochan for €400 million.
Public M&A / ECM
- Advising Patrick Drahi’s BidFair on its acquisition of Sotheby’s for $3.7 billion.
- Advising Groupe Fnac on its acquisition of Darty plc for £900 million.
- Advising Apax Partners on a series of sales of shares in Stockholm-listed Capio AB (publ).
- Advising Polymer Group, Inc. (a portfolio company of Blackstone Capital Partners) on its acquisition of Fiberweb PLC for £182 million.
- Advising Melrose Industries PLC on its rights issue and associated acquisition of Elster Group SE for £1.8 billion.
- Advising KKR on its investment in The Hut Group Limited.
- Advising KKR on its investments in Darktrace Limited.
- England and Wales
- 40 Under 40: Rising Star in Private Equity (2019 - Legal Week).
- Listed under 'Other key lawyers' 'Neil Evans is very dedicated and always available to speak' (Legal 500 2020 - Private Equity).
- Notable practitioner (IFLR 1000 2019 – Private Equity and M&A).
- The incredibly engaged and proactive [private equity] team was also recently strengthened by the arrival of Neil Evans (Legal 500 2018).