'Neil Evans is very dedicated and always available to speak'.Legal 500 2020
40 Under 40: Rising Star in Private Equity (2019 - Legal Week)
Notable practitioner (IFLR 1000 2019 – Private Equity and M&A)
He has extensive experience advising clients on cross-border M&A transactions (private and public), in particular in the real estate, TMT and industrials sectors.
Clients value his grasp of commercial issues, technical excellence and responsive, hands-on approach.
- Advising Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation on its acquisition of Krispy Kreme Mexico from Nexxus Capital
- Advising Equistone Partners on a bid in the consumer sector
- Advising Francisco Partners on the acquisition of ByBox from LDC (and associated shareholder arrangements) for £221 million
- Advising Office Depot, Inc. on the sale of its European business to Aurelius Group
- Advising Warburg Pincus on its acquisition of Vistapharm, Inc. (and associated shareholder arrangements)
- Advising Apax Partners on its sale of Orange Switzerland to Xavier Niel’s NJJ Capital for €2.3 billion
- Advising CBRE Group, Inc. on its acquisition of Norland Holdings Ltd for £265 million
- Advising KKR on the acquisition of its stake in Cognita Schools from Bregal Partners (and associated shareholder arrangements)
- Advising Melrose Industries PLC on its sale of Marelli Motori to The Carlyle Group for €150 million
- Advising Liongate Capital Management (and its shareholders) on the sale of the company to Principal Global Investors (and associated shareholder arrangements)
- Advising the LKK Health Products Group, a member of the Hong Kong-based food company Lee Kum Kee Group, on its purchase of the Eastcheap Estate for £45 million
- Advising GAW Capital on its acquisition of 4&5 Harbour Exchange for £36 million
- Advising Blackstone Real Estate Partners on the sale of Magnolia Park to Union Investment for €380 million
- Advising Blackstone Real Estate Partners on the sale of Sintra Retail Park, Forum Sintra and Forum Montijo to Immochan for €400 million
Public M&A / ECM
- Advising Patrick Drahi’s BidFair on its acquisition of Sotheby’s for $3.7 billion
- Advising Groupe Fnac on its acquisition of Darty plc for £900 million
- Advising Apax Partners on a series of sales of shares in Stockholm-listed Capio AB (publ)
- Advising Polymer Group, Inc. (a portfolio company of Blackstone Capital Partners) on its acquisition of Fiberweb PLC for £182 million
- Advising Melrose Industries PLC on its rights issue and associated acquisition of Elster Group SE for £1.8 billion
- Advising KKR on its investment in The Hut Group Limited
- Advising KKR on its investments in Darktrace Limited
- England and Wales
- 40 Under 40: Rising Star in Private Equity (2019 - Legal Week).
- Listed under 'Other key lawyers' 'Neil Evans is very dedicated and always available to speak' (Legal 500 2020 - Private Equity).
- Notable practitioner (IFLR 1000 2019 – Private Equity and M&A).
- The incredibly engaged and proactive [private equity] team was also recently strengthened by the arrival of Neil Evans (Legal 500 2018).