Joanne De Silva is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Banking & Finance practice. She represents private credit funds, business development companies and other institutional investors in complex financing transactions. These include unitranche, first and second lien, and senior and subordinated debt investments. Her areas of focus include acquisition, recapitalization, cash flow, and asset-based financings. She also advises clients on debtor-in-possession and exit financings, and debt restructurings. Joanne is qualified to practice New York and English law. She was previously admitted as a solicitor in Singapore, where her practice comprised cross-border financing. She is based in the New York office.
- Advised Benefit Street Partners in $437.5 million first and second lien credit facilities for the acquisition of NSC Minerals Ltd., a leading provider of rock salt, by Metalmark Capital Partners.
- Advised Benefit Street Partners in $240 million first lien credit facilities for the acquisition of Lionbridge Technologies, a company that provides software services, by H.I.G Middle Market LBO Fund, L.P.
- Advised a global asset manager in $350 million revolving notes facility for Encina Private Credit SPV, a specialty finance company.
- Advised a global asset manager in $310 million first lien, second lien and asset-based credit facilities for Wilton Brands LLC, a company that provides food crafting products and services.
- Advised Siguler Guff in guarantee and collateral support arrangements for investments in Brazilian judicial securities (precatorios).
- Advised Siguler Guff in $18 million term loan facility for the acquisition of DeIorio Foods, Inc., a manufacturer and supplier of pizza dough, by Rudolph Capital, LLC.
- Advised Athyrium Capital Management in $630 million term loan and revolving credit facility for the acquisition of Innovacare, Inc, a provider of managed healthcare services, by Summit Partners, L.P.
- Advised KKR Credit Advisors in $405 million first lien, second lien, and asset-based credit facilities for the acquisition of KNB Holdings Corporation, a global manufacturer and importer of home décor products, by Sycamore Partners Management, L.P.
- Advised KKR Credit Advisors in $240 million unitranche financing for the acquisition of Fastener Acquisition, Inc., a national distributor of fastening and packaging materials, tools, and related building materials, by Kelso & Company.
- Advised American Industrial Partners in $310 million first lien, second lien and asset-based credit facilities for Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises, Inc., a global leader in energy and environmental technologies and services for the power and industrial markets.
University of Oxford, BA
- New York
- England and Wales
- Legal 500 (2016-2020)
- IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms, Rising