Cindy M. Dinh is an associate in Mayer Brown's Houston office and a member of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. Cindy has experience representing clients in state and federal courts, bankruptcy court, and arbitration in the commercial real estate, construction, health care, insurance, private equity, and oil and gas industries. She also represents pro bono clients who are seeking asylum and referred by Tahirih Justice Center and Kids in Need of Defense.
Cindy received her BA in sociology and health policy studies, Phi Beta Kappa, magna cum laude from Rice University, her MPA from Harvard University and JD from University of California, Berkeley, School of Law.
While in law school, Cindy prepared legal analysis and bill language to support two bills that were passed in the California and Texas legislatures relating to voter registration and the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Cindy clerked with the Honorable Gray H. Miller in the Southern District of Texas and worked at a litigation boutique. Cindy also holds a US patent on a device to dose liquid medication.
Super Lawyers Magazine and Texas Monthly rated Cindy as a Texas Rising Star in civil litigation, in recognition of 2.5% of the state’s young attorneys in 2020 and 2021.
University of California, Berkeley School of Law, JD
Editor of the California Law Review and the Asian American Law Journal
Harvard University, MPA
Rice University, BA, magna cum laude
- US District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- US District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- US District Court for the Western District of Texas
- US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas
- US Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- US Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas
- US Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas
- Federal Bar Association, Board Member of the Southern District of Texas chapter and national committee member of the Federal Judicial Law Clerks Committee
- Houston Bar Association, former Co-Chair of the Professionalism Committee
- Asian American Bar Association of Houston, Chair of External Relations Committee and former External Vice President of Community Relations
- Advisory Board Member for longitude.site
- Rice University Community of Asian Alumni, former Board Member
- Harvard Club of Houston, Member