"one of five Most Highly Regarded Individuals"The International Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Tax (2013)
Pieter de Ridder is the Managing Partner of the firm’s Singapore office and a member of the Global Tax Transactions and Consulting Group. Pieter was previously based in Indonesia and Hong Kong and has over 25 years of experience in Asia advising multinational companies and institutions with interests in one or more Asian jurisdictions on their inbound and outbound work.
His practice focuses on advising tax efficient structures with respect to direct investment, restructurings, financing arrangements, private equity, supply chain, intellectual property and real property structures into or from Asia.
Pieter regularly advises on the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, private equity, administrative actions and tax rulings, coordinating unilateral and bilateral advance pricing arrangements, tax incentive negotiations with investment authorities, maritime, structured finance, trade, contract manufacturing as well as regional property investment structuring. In Indonesia, he advises on direct investment and financing matters. He also regularly advises on investment and restructuring matters into India, including tax strategies vis-a-vis India’s General Anti Avoidance Rule, and his work involves advising on and coordinating tax matters for clients doing business in Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar and the Philippines. He is a member of the Think Tank of advisers to an Indian law firm in connection with the proposed Indian Draft Corporate Tax Code legislation.
Chambers Global (2015) notes that “Singapore-based Pieter de Ridder advises a wide range of Asian clients on a variety of tax mandates”. He is known for his "long-standing experience" in the Asian market and is a "trusted source of advice" on local tax planning and deals and listed as one of five most highly regarded individuals in Asia by The International Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Tax (2013).
Tax Academy of Singapore, Accredited Tax Adviser on Income Tax (SIATP)
University of Leiden, LLB, LLM
- Vice President, Executive Committee, International Fiscal Association Singapore
- Co-founder and Former Director, Dutch Chamber of Commerce in Singapore
- Member, Board of Editors, Asia Pacific Tax Bulletin of the Bureau of Fiscal Documentation
- Member, International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member, Association of Dutch Businesspeople in Singapore (ADB)
- Recognised Practitioner – Tax, Singapore – Chambers Asia Pacific (2017, 2019)
- Expert Based Aboard (Singapore), Tax - Netherlands – Chambers Global (2015)
- Noted for his "long-standing experience" in the Asian market and is a "trusted source of advice" on local tax planning and deals – The International Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Tax (2013)
- Most Highly Regarded Individuals - Asia – The International Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Tax (2013)