Hannah Davies is a senior associate in Mayer Brown’s Restructuring practice in London. Hannah has practised in both London and Singapore, particularly focusing on finance (including conventional lending, aviation finance and Islamic finance), domestic and cross-border restructurings and special situations.
- Acted for an Ad Hoc Committee of Bondholders on the restructuring of US$1.2 billion of notes backed by loans made to various airlines, including Etihad Airways, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Air Berlin and Jet Airways and on the administration of Air Seychelles.
- Represented an Asian airline in connection with its restructuring (one of the largest restructurings ever undertaken by a national carrier).*
- Acted for the buyer in a series of secondary distressed debt trades in an aggregate amount of US$70m in connection with the restructuring of a UAE entity.
- Represented Mount Street as Special Servicer of the £90m Maroon CMBS on all aspects of their role as Special Servicer, including enforcement and workout advice.
- Advised multiple lessor creditors in connection with the administration of Virgin Australia.*
- Acted for an aircraft lessor in connection with multiple lease restructurings due to the introduction of Revised Guidelines in Labuan.*
- Advised HSBC as arranger on up to US$250m unsecured structured syndicated loan facilities provided to Rivulis Irrigation for the financing of its current and future debt.
- Represented HSBC as arranger in relation to a US$25m unsecured structured loan facility provided to Averda put in place as part of a re-financing of an existing US$148m term loan.
- Represented the borrower/lessor in connection with the green financing and leasing of three commercial aircraft.*
- Advised Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) London Branch as lead arranger, coordinator and book runner, on a £280 million multi-currency term finance facility for Lidl Great Britain Limited.
- Acted for BluePeak Private Capital on the US$15m secured structured term loan investment in the Africure group (a pan-African manufacturer and distributor of pharmaceutical goods).
- Advised on the US$20m secured structured term loan facility provided by BluePeak Private Capital to the ieng group (a pan-African provider of engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, and hybrid power solutions to Africa’s telecom sector).
- Acted for the lender/lessor in the refinancing of one Embraer Legacy 650 aircraft and the PDP financing of one Global 7500 aircraft.*
- Represented the borrower with respect to the senior conventional facility provided by Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank and the mezzanine Murabaha Facility provided by Al Hilal Bank for the purchase of one Airbus A380 aircraft and the onwards leasing of such aircraft.*
*all experience gained prior to joining Mayer Brown
University of Law, Moorgate, LPC
University of Bristol, LLB
- England and Wales
- Listed as a key lawyer for Islamic Finance (Legal 500 2022 and 2023).