Danister de Silva is a senior associate in the Banking & Finance practice of the London office.
Danister has previously practised with a top-tier Australian firm in Sydney, an English Magic Circle firm in Frankfurt, and a major international firm in London. Through 2017 and 2018, Danister undertook client secondments to The Royal Bank of Scotland and Lloyds Banking Group, working with the leveraged acquisition / debt finance teams of those banks.
Danister represents lenders, private equity sponsors and borrowers in connection with domestic and international acquisition/leverage financings, refinancings and restructurings. He also has experience in bank/bond financings, securitisations and margin-lending.
- Advising Investec as Agent, Arranger and Lender on Blue Water Energy’s acquisition of the 3T Energy and Survivex groups, making them the UK’s largest energy sector training provider.*
- Acting for Santander on the refinancing and purchase by TriSpan private equity of SK:N Limited, the UK’s leading skin care clinic, for total consideration of £35 million.*
- Assisting Lloyds Banking Group as Mandated Lead Arranger and Bookrunner in relation to its role in the euro-sterling £740 million-equivalent term loan B in connection with Silverfleet’s acquisition the ZPG, a UK-based property and price comparison service provider.*
- Advising HSBC, Investec and Bank of Ireland on the provision of an all senior debt financing package to Levine Leichtman Capital Partners in support of their acquisition with management of GL Education, a leading London-based provider of educational assessments in the United Kingdom and Europe.*
- Acting for Barclays Bank PLC (as agent and coordinator), Abbey National Treasury Services Plc, AIB Group (UK) p.l.c., The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, HSBC Bank plc and The Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland with US Bank Trustees Limited as Security Agent on the provision of a senior financing package in connection with McColl's Retail Group plc's acquisition of 298 convenience stores from the Co-operative Group Limited for an aggregate consideration of £117 million.*
- Advising the strategic equity solutions group of a top tier investment bank in relation to equity-backed finance transactions using loan and total return swap structures backed by shares and ADRs in a wide range of jurisdictions (including Russia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Belize, the Cayman Islands, Israel and BVI), as well as the syndication of these financings through credit default swaps and trusts.*
- Acting for Deutsche Bank AG and J.P. Morgan as arrangers and lead managers on the refinancing of the Quokka Finance p.l.c. securitisation by a CMBS (Monnet Finance Ltd.) in the amount of €406.1 million.*
*denotes work undertaken prior to joining Mayer Brown
Flinders University of South Australia, LLB (Hons)
University of Adelaide, BA (English)
- Australia, New South Wales
- England and Wales