Silvia Furtado da Costa is an associate in the Corporate & M&A practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the Rio de Janeiro office. Silvia has experience in acquisition and corporate reorganization operations involving national and international companies from various sectors, such as oil and gas, agribusiness, electric energy, insurance and logistics. Her practice also includes analysis and drafting of corporate acts and commercial contracts, ongoing advisory to companies and investment funds on corporate matters, and coordination and participation in due diligence processes.
Silvia was an intern, and subsequently was hired at a French-Canadian law firm, where she practiced from May 2019 to January 2022. Previously, from June 2018 to May 2019, she was an intern in the corporate practice of an international communications company. In addition, she was an intern in the Tax practice from May 2017 to June 201 at a renowned law firm in the Brazilian market.
- Assistance in the incorporation of subsidiaries in Brazil of several foreign companies.
- Assistance in matters of corporate law and commercial contracts to several domestic and foreign companies and investment funds.
- Drafting of corporate acts, shareholder agreements and commercial contracts.
- Assistance and participation in several due diligence processes.
- Participation in advising the Nestlé Group on the acquisition of 100% of the capital of Grupo Puravida's companies.
- Pro Bono project consulting for regularization and drafting of bylaws for the association.
Instituto Brasileiro de Mercado de Capitais (IBMEC/RJ), Bacharel em Direito
Pontifical Catholic University PUC/RJ, Pós Graduada