Gina Chen advises domestic and international clients on complex corporate transactions, including public and private company mergers and acquisitions, stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, private equity investments, minority and majority investments and joint ventures. She also advises clients on corporate governance and other commercial matters. Gina has represented public and privately held companies spanning a wide variety of industries, including insurance, infrastructure, aerospace, consumer products, financial services and technology.
Gina is a member of Mayer Brown’s Global Insurance Industry Group and advises clients on insurance-related mergers and acquisitions, life and non-life reinsurance transactions, alternative capital vehicles and related investments.
Prior to joining the firm, Gina was an attorney at a prominent law firm in New York, where she worked on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, and corporate governance. Gina was a Fulbright fellow to China, where she conducted research on sustainable urban development. Gina was recognized for her various US-China work as a “25 Under 25: Future Leaders to Watch in US-China Relations” by the China Hands Magazine at Yale University. She is actively involved in local communities, serving on the Board of Directors of High Jump, a Chicago-based educational nonprofit, and is a member of China Institute Next Gen x Serica (CINGS), a platform for strategic philanthropy and cross-cultural dialogues.
Gina’s experience includes representing:
- Somerset Reinsurance on its agreement with Prudential Financial to reinsure $12.5 billion guaranteed universal life insurance block
- ArcelorMittal on the acquisition of the total corporate capital of Companhia Siderúrgica do Pecém (CSP) for $2.2 billion
- Fosun International Limited in its sale of AmeriTrust Group, Inc. to Accident Fund Insurance Company of America, a subsidiary of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- 3i Group in its agreement to purchase Regional Rail, LLC, a leading owner and operator of short-line freight railroads and rail-related businesses
- Wolters Kluwer in its sale of its U.S. legal education business to Transom Capital Group
- Authentic Brands Group and Simon Property Group on their acquisition of Brooks Brothers Group, Inc.
- Authentic Brands Group and Simon Property Group on their acquisition of Lucky Brand Jeans
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company on its acquisition of Cooper Tire & Rubber Company for $2.8 billion
- Hudson Group on its acquisition of assets related to the operation of Brookstone stores in U.S. airports from Apex Digital, Inc.
- Comcast Corporation on its acquisition of Deep Blue Communications, LLC
- Uniti Group Inc. on its sale of tower business in Mexico, Colombia and Nicaragua to Phoenix Tower International Spain ETVE, S.L.U.
- Lightyear Capital on its sale of Wealth Enhancement Group to TA Associates
- Ankura Consulting Group, LLC on its acquisition of C3 Consulting, LLC
- Advanced Accelerator Applications S.A. on its sale to Novartis for $3.9 billion
Northwestern University School of Law, JD, cum laude
Executive Articles Editor, Journal of International Law & Business
Yale University, BA, cum laude
- New York
- Fulbright Scholar, 2017-2018
- US Department of State Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund Winner (2016)
- 25 Under 25: Future Leaders to Watch in US-China Relations (2013)