Daniane Carvalho is a senior associate in the Corporate & Securities practice of Tauil & Chequer in association with Mayer Brown in the Rio de Janeiro office. She has over a decade of experience as a lawyer having assisted foreign and local clients in complex and cross-border transactions in the infrastructure sector, including M&A, project development, and project financing. She also represented clients in regulatory and contractual matters related to infrastructure projects in Brazil, including (i) drafting and negotiating of commercial agreements, such as O&M, EPCs, GSAs, (ii) advice in bidding rounds conducted by ANP and public auctions conducted by EPE/ANEEL, and (iii) general regulatory advice arising from the local energy industry, including before ANP/ANEEL.
Daniane has worked as legal manager of a Brazilian energy company and as associate at traditional law firms in Brazil. Daniane has a law degree from the University of State of Rio de Janeiro (UERJ), a post-graduation in Business Management from Fundação Dom Cabral, and an LLM from University College London.
- Represented a multinational gas company in the acquisition of two PPAs in the Brazilian market and in the risk analysis of a gas thermo power plant project associated with port infrastructures for importation and regasification of GNL at a Brazilian port.
- Represented Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. – Petrobras in the sale of 100% of its equity interest in Refinaria Landulfo Alves (“RLAM”), the first refinery owned by Petrobras to be sold to a private investor in Brazil in the amount of, approximately, USD 1.2 billion, including the execution of several agreements to ensure the technical, operational, administrative and financial autonomy of the refinery.
- Represented Transpetro in the negotiation of the O&M and other operational agreements applicable to operation of the pipelines and terminals related to RLAM.
- Represented BNDES and Rio Grande do Sul state in the risk assessment and legal modelling of the privatization of Companhia de Gás do Rio Grande do Sul – Sulgás.
- Represented a renewable power generation company in a corporate reorganization, involving the existing SPEs and its related project finances.
- Represented a trading power company in the structuring of its natural gas trading branch, including a regulatory risk assessment and drafting of standard agreements.
- Represented Petrogal Brasil (Galp Energia) in the negotiation of the gas processing agreement with Petrobras and other users, for the shared use of a gas processing plant operated by Petrobras in the State of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. This transaction was the first concluded in Brazil under the rules for negotiated access for essential infrastructure of the natural gas industry.
- Represented Instituto Brasileiro de Petróleo e Gás (IBP) in the drafting of proposed bills of laws related to the Brazilian oil & gas sector, including a proposal for revision of the PSC model.
- Represented a multinational upstream operator in the due diligence process of two mature offshore fields operated by Petrobras in the Campos Basin, as well as one floating production, storage and offloading installation (FPSO).
- Represented two supermajors in the regulatory and qualification aspects arising from the tender protocol of the 1st Transfer of Rights Surplus Production Sharing Bidding Round held in 2019 in Brazil.
- Represented a local power generator company in the negotiations for the formation of a joint venture with a global LNG supplier in the development of a LNG-to-power project in Brazil.
- Represented a power generator company in its participation in the 2017 A-6 Auction.
- Represented a Brazilian upstream operator in the acquisition of 100% participating interest from Petrobras in an onshore field in Brazil.
- Represented a Brazilian upstream operator in the winning of blocks in the 13th and 14th bidding rounds conducted by ANP.
- Represented a Brazilian upstream operator in the acquisition of 100% participating interest held by GDF Suez in onshore blocks located in the Parnaíba basin in Brazil.
- Represented a Brazilian upstream operator in the negotiations related to its JOA and subsequently the acquisition of 100% of the participating interest held by the non-operator in an onshore block in Brazil.
- Represented a waste treatment company in the issuance of debentures in the amount of R$ 400 million and in the subsequent renegotiations of the facility.
- Represented a Canadian drilling rig company in the negotiation of its charter agreements with Petrobras and other operators in Brazil.
- Represented a Canadian drilling rig company in the acquisition of a Brazilian company and all its assets, including ten onshore drilling rigs and in the subsequent debt financing entered by the Canadian company involving guarantees over the Brazilian assets.
University of London, LLM
Fundação Dom Cabral – FDC, Post-graduation in business management
Fundação Getúlio Vargas, Specialization in Corporate and Capital Market Law
Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro – UERJ, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
- Assistant lecturer in M&A and Corporate Law classes at IBMEC/RJ and PUC/RJ at specialization courses since 2015.