'Merryn Craske has a lot of experience .. is very hardworking .. and is very knowledgeable. She is approachable and has a pragmatic approach resulting in effective and efficient solutions for the client.’Legal 500 2021
Merryn Craske is a partner in Mayer Brown’s London office, focusing on securitisation and structured finance transactions. She has extensive experience of advising banks, originators and others on securitisation and structured finance transactions in a range of asset classes including trade receivables, dealer floorplan, auto loans and leases, residential mortgages, commercial mortgages, consumer loans and insurance premium loans. She regularly assists clients with structuring and documenting multi-jurisdictional securitisations, working closely with local counsel to provide solution-focused advice with respect to transactions in the United Kingdom and across Europe, the United States, Canada, Asia and elsewhere.
She has been closely following regulatory developments in relation to securitisation and frequently advises clients on matters relating to the Securitisation Regulation.
She also has experience of other banking and finance transactions including secured lending, project finance, acquisition finance, derivatives and debt capital markets.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2017, Merryn worked at three other major international law firms, which included a year in New York. She also worked at one of the big three rating agencies and had secondments to the securitisation teams of two leading banks.
- Advised in relation to a number of multi-jurisdictional trade receivables securitisations – originator jurisdictions included England, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Ireland, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Canada, the United States, Australia and various countries in Asia (previous firm)
- Advised in relation to a shipping receivables transaction (previous firm)
- Advised in relation to a Swedish consumer loans securitisation (previous firm)
- Advised in relation to an auto loan and lease securitisation (previous firm)
- Advised in relation to a range of transactions funded by asset backed commercial paper conduits (previous firm)
- Advised in relation to various RMBS transactions (previous firm)
- Advised participants in various CMBS transactions (previous firm)
- England and Wales
- Listed as a 'Next Generation Partner' and under 'Other key lawyers' for securitisation. ‘It is great working with Merryn Craske who has a lot of experience and is very knowledgeable. She is approachable and has a pragmatic approach resulting in effective and efficient solutions for the client.’ ‘Merryn Craske is very hardworking and knowledgeable.’
- Listed as a 'Next Generation Partner' and under 'Other key lawyers' by Legal 500 2020 (Structured products and securitisation), "Merryn Craske is a 'go-to' expert in trade receivables securitisation and is very personable." "Kevin Hawken, David O'Connor and Merryn Craske are all highly responsive and effective communicators. They provide value-added and high-quality legal and regulatory analysis. They are also highly commercial."
- Handles deals in a range of asset classes including trade receivables, auto loans, consumer loans, insurance premium loans, residential mortgages and commercial mortgages. (Legal 500 2018)