‘Barry Cosgrave is an expert in Islamic law and operating in the UAE.’Legal 500 2022
Barry Cosgrave is a partner in Mayer Brown's Restructuring practice in London and Dubai. He concentrates his practice on distressed debt and restructuring, debt capital markets, structured finance and Islamic finance. He also advises on Middle East regulatory matters and is advisor to leading international banks, hedge funds, investment/asset managers and insurance companies on the full range of banking, funds, securities, broker-dealer and insurance regulation.
- Advised on the US$20,000,000 secured structured term loan facility provided by BluePeak Private Capital to the Ieng Group (a pan-African provider of engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, and hybrid power solutions to Africa’s telecom sector). The loan is secured by share charges over the borrower and its immediate subsidiary (being the operating company) and is guaranteed by the parent company of the group. The US$20,000,000 investment supports Ieng’s geographic expansion plan across the continent, advancing its strategy to meet growing consumer demand for telecom infrastructure services and provide capital for new contracts with blue-chip clients, and promotes the UN's Sustainable Development Goal 3 Good Health and Well-being, Goal 5 Gender Equality, Goal 7 Affordable and Clean Energy, Goal 8 Decent Work and Economic Growth, and Goal 9 Industry Innovation and Infrastructure.
Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, LPC
University of Oxford, BA
- England and Wales
- Listed under 'Other key lawyers' for Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency, ‘Barry Cosgrave has a detailed understanding of acutely distressed situations and alongside an understanding of complex, structured credit.’ (Legal 500 2022).
- ‘Barry Cosgrave is an expert in Islamic law and operating in the UAE.’ (Legal 500 2022: Islamic Finance).
- Listed under 'Other key lawyers' for Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency (Legal 500 2021).
- The International Who’s Who of Capital Markets Lawyers: Islamic Finance 2014 - present.