Linda Connell is an associate in the Construction Litigation practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office. She has extensive experience in contentious construction matters including claims relating to defective works, delay, variations and Building Authority decisions. She has acted for employers and main contractors in arbitration and litigation for projects located in a number of jurisdictions including Hong Kong, Macau, the UAE, Africa and the UK. She has experience in major disputes involving a diverse range of construction projects including infrastructure projects, shopping centres, residential buildings, office buildings, hotels and casinos.
Contentious Construction Matters
- Acting for a major construction joint venture in arbitration proceedings arising from a large infrastructure project in the Middle East.
- Advising a major developer on its claims for defective works in respect of a large commercial development in Hong Kong.
- Advising a developer on its contractual dispute arising from a hotel development project in Mongolia.
- Acting for a contractor in a billion dollar arbitration concerning a large waste treatment facility in Hong Kong.
- Acting for a contractor in a dispute regarding outstanding payments against a multinational industrial manufacturing conglomerate.
- Defending a contractor in a claim for negligent design works concerning a development project.
- Acting for a contractor in an arbitration regarding outstanding payments for a renovation project.
- Advising a global entertainment group on various construction contracts in relation to its mega casino and hotel development project in Cotai, Macau.
- Acting for large Indian companies and its subsidiaries in a London seated UNCITRAL Rules arbitration in relation to a multi-million US dollar dispute over a large construction project located in Zambia.
- Defending a global construction professional services provider in relation to a large multi-party high value dispute arising from mixed use retail and residential development in the UK.
- Defending a contractor in a claim for negligent conversion and refurbishment works in a shopping centre in the UK.
- Advising a building owner in respect of a Building Authority application for a redevelopment project and the Building Authority Appeal Tribunal hearing process.
Contentious Trust Matters
- Acting for a UHNW client in a complex High Court commercial dispute involving a multibillion dollar family trust against the professional trustee and the Appointors & Guardians of the trust.
- Hong Kong