Chambers UK 2023'Joe is a pragmatic and commercial practitioner.'
Joe Conder is a partner in the Real Estate practice of the London office. His practice focuses on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including structured sales and purchase of high value investment properties, real estate development and development funding, real estate financing transactions and real estate sale and leaseback transactions. He has significant experience representing a range of investors and operators, sovereign wealth funds and open-ended funds and has advised a number of international funds, including those based in Europe, the US, Asia and the Middle East to invest in UK and continental European real estate.
- Medical Properties Trust:
- On the acquisition of a corporate structure which ultimately owns a portfolio of 30 acute care hospital facilities, valued at approximately £1.5 billion.*
- On the acquisition and development funding of a new Circle operated hospital in Birmingham.*
- On the acquisition of a £600 million high end student accommodation portfolio and the management agreement with operator Vita Group.*
- On the £370 million acquisition and forward funding of the new Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) headquarters building in Stratford, east London.*
- On the £240 million acquisition and forward funding of the new headquarters of Cancer Research UK and the British Council in Stratford, east London.*
- Workspace on the £160 million acquisition of the Jersey company which owns Salisbury House at 28-31 Finsbury Circus, London EC2 and on the £98 million acquisition of 13-17 Fitzroy Street, London W1.*
- KWAP (Malaysian state pension fund) on the £210 million acquisition, financing and subsequent £270 million sale of 88 Wood Street in London.*
- Henderson Park on the £65+ million PRS joint venture with Greystar to acquire 180+ residential units across three sites in London.*
- Kennedy Wilson Europe Real Estate plc on the £204 million acquisition of 111 Buckingham Palace Road, SW1 – a 227,000 sq ft landmark, Grade A building located near Victoria station in London which is the headquarters of the Daily Telegraph.*
* experience gained prior to joining Mayer Brown
Nottingham Law School, Law Degree
Nottingham University, Undergraduate Degree
- England and Wales
- Band 2: Real Estate. Joe Conder has vast experience assisting funds, asset managers and investors with high-value transactions concerning property investments and development financing, including international matters. He has notable experience in handling matters relating to student accommodation and healthcare property. "Joe is a pragmatic and commercial practitioner." - Chambers UK 2023.
- Listed as a key lawyer and leading individual for Real Estate - Legal 500 2023.
- Joe Conder has vast experience assisting funds, asset managers and investors with high-value transactions concerning property investments and development financing, including international matters. He has notable experience in handling matters relating to student accommodation and healthcare property. "I would go to Joe Conder for the most complex transactions as he is very experienced and really takes ownership of a deal." - Chambers UK 2022, Real Estate.