Nicola Collins is a senior associate in the Restructuring Group of Mayer Brown’s London office. She acts for a wide range of clients, including insolvency officeholders, directors and financial institutions on a mixture of contentious and transactional matters. She has experience in both personal and corporate insolvency and has recently dealt with matters in the tech, hospitality and retail sectors
Since joining Mayer Brown:
- Representing the purchaser of certain business and assets of Cath Kidston Limited from the administrators of the company (insolvency practitioners from Alvarez & Marsal Europe LLP).
- Advising the administrators of a Rugby League Betfred Championship team on the sale of its business and assets.
- Representing a number of creditors and shareholders in the reported case of a successful application for the removal of four administrators from office. The company was an advertising and marketing technology company, once valued at £1.5bn.
- Advising an unconnected purchaser in the £9.5m acquisition of a poultry hatching and rearing business, with 18 growing farms, from its administrators in a pre-packaged administration sale.
- Advising a company on a number of post-completion matters relating to its purchase of the business and assets of a well-known company in the retail sector from its administrators.
- Advising the directors of a company in administration in relation to litigation pursued against them by the administrators of the company for various antecedent transactions and breach of their fiduciary duties. The claims had an estimated value of £9m.
- Representing a director in their successful application for leave to be a director of two companies when subject to a 5-year disqualification order.
- Advising the Trustee in Bankruptcy of an individual with a substantial property portfolio in the north of England. Represented the Trustee in Bankruptcy in litigation arising from a Deed of Separation and Trust Deed produced by the wife of the bankrupt.
- Representing the administrators of 17 group companies in the sale of a national pub chain.
- Advising individuals and insolvency practitioners in respect of requests for documentation under sections 234, 235 and 236 of the Insolvency Act 1986 (and similarly sections 366 and 367 of the Insolvency Act 1986 in relation to bankruptcy matters).
- England and Wales