Jacqueline C.Y. Choi is an associate in the Hong Kong office of Mayer Brown's Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement practice. Jacqueline has assisted banks, financial institutions and businesses in Hong Kong on a broad range of regulatory issues, having worked in private practice law firms as well as a major financial institution in Hong Kong as legal counsel. She advises on banking, securities and data privacy regulations on a regular basis.
Jacqueline has also previously advised on various leveraged finance and banking transactions across Asia.
- As in house legal counsel of a financial institution, (i) advised business lines on mis-selling allegations on financial products and data privacy issues; (ii) reviewed and negotiated merchant agreements with various commercial partners; and (iii) reviewed and transformed existing terms and conditions for promotional schemes and financial products.
- Acted for a Nigerian bank in proceedings before the Hong Kong courts to seek recovery of fraudulent funds transfer to a Hong Kong bank account.
- Advised a global investment bank on an up to USD 1.45 billion loan financing relating to acquisition of shares of a New York-listed e-commerce conglomerate.
- Advised a Chinese bank as lender on a RMB 110 million term loan facility provided to a Cayman company for its acquisition of the share capital of a Hong Kong company that operates dessert café chains in China.
- Advised a global bank as original lender and arranger on a €300 million term loan facility provided to a Luxembourg borrower to finance its subscription for new shares in a Frankfurt listed group.
- Advised a provider of oil logistic and marine services in the Asia Pacific region in relation to a winding up petition brought against it in Bermuda and advising the company in its proposed debt restructuring by way of a scheme of arrangement.
Columbia Law School, LLM
The University of Hong Kong, LLM
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
University College London (University of London), LLB
- Hong Kong