Jacqueline Chiu is a partner of Mayer Brown. She advises on a broad range of equity fund raising exercise in Hong Kong including initial public offerings, subsequent issues of securities, secondary listings and spin-offs. Jacqueline also advises on all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including private equity transactions, joint ventures, takeovers and other commercial transactions under the governance of the listing rules and the takeovers and share repurchase codes. She has contributed to a number of publications on merger and acquisition issues.
Jacqueline speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Advised Wang On Properties Limited as a white knight in the acquisition of a development site in Hong Kong’s Ma On Shan from a distressed joint venture for a land price exceeding HK$2.1 billion.
- Advised Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Limited on an unconditional cash offer by Merrill Lynch (Asia Pacific) Ltd on behalf of Carlyle Group to acquire all the issued shares in Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Limited as an offer price of HK$24.82 per share.
- Advised HSBC Corporate Finance (Hong Kong) Limited as the sole sponsor on the reverse takeover and deemed new listing of Juda International Holdings Limited, a subsidiary of Beijing Capital Land Ltd.
- Advised Great Eagle Holdings Limited on the spin-off and separate listing of its three hotel properties on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange by way of a share stapled units investment trust structure, which raised around HK$12.5 billion. This was the first of its kind in the hospitality business to list in Hong Kong.
- Advised Beijing Enterprises Holdings Limited on its acquisition of approximately 22.01% shares outstanding in China Gas from its parent at HK$7.8 per share.
- Advised Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Limited in their proposed HK$2,399 million privatisation by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Advised SOCAM Development Limited in the HK648 million partial offer by Shui On Company Limited.
- Acted for Great Eagle Holdings Limited in relation to the joint venture project with Blackstone involving a piece of land in Dalian.
- Acted for Great Eagle Holdings Limited on the sale of the retail, carpark and certain office portions of Langham Place to Champion Real Estate Investment Trust for a total consideration of around HK$12.5 billion and in its participation in the Champion REIT fund raising exercise for the acquisition.
- Advised SOCAM Development Limited in the privatisation offer for China Central Properties Limited and the related withdrawal of listing from AIM board.
- Acted for China Minmetals Corporation in the reorganisation and injection of its aluminium operations in the PRC into Minmetals Resources Limited by way of a reverse takeover.
- Acted for China Minmetals Corporation on its debt restructuring proposal for and the HK$135 million takeover offer and HK$418.3 million whitewash subscription of controlling stake in Minmetals Land Limited and Minmetals Resources Limited.
- Acted for SOCAM Development Limited in relation to the divestment of its cement operations and setting up of a joint venture with Lafarge S.A. for cement operations in the PRC.
- Advised SOCAM Development Limited on the restructuring and setting up of China Central Properties Limited and the related US$200 million convertible bond issue and £150 million share offer and listing of China Central Properties Limited on the AIM market, London Stock Exchange.
- Acted for AIF Capital Limited and Asset Management Group in their HK$257 million investment in Chung Nam Group.
- Acted for AIF Capital Limited in its US$5.6 million investment in Tai I International Limited, a Taiwan listed corporation.
- Acted for China Overseas Land & Investment Holdings Limited in the spin off listing of China State Construction Engineering Corporation Limited in Hong Kong.
- Acted for SOCAM Development Limited in the co-injection of assets and cash totalling US$180 million with various investors in the setting up of Shui On Land Limited.
- Advised Chekiang Bank and its management board in the takeover acquisition by Wing Hing Bank.
- Acted for Sinopec Zhenhai Refining & Chemical Company Limited in its privatization by way of merger by absorption.
- Advised Beijing Enterprises Holdings Limited, a state-owned enterprise under the Beijing Municipal Government, on its listing in Hong Kong.
- Advised the underwriters in the initial public offering of Legend Holdings Limited in Hong Kong.
University of London, LLB
- Hong Kong
- Bilingualism Committee, Law Society of Hong Kong
- Company Law Committee, Law Society of Hong Kong