Samuel Chau is an associate in the Banking & Finance practice in Mayer Brown’s Hong Kong Office. He advises banks, financial institutions, debt funds, private equity houses and corporates on complex multi-jurisdictional, multi-tiered, full and limited recourse financings.
- Advised as Hong Kong lead counsel for a syndicate of banks in relation to offshore and onshore secured term loans, for refinancing a grade A office building in Shanghai, PRC previously acquired by a leading private equity real estate fund.
- Acted for a Hong Kong bank in respect of a US$75 million acquisition financing provided to a Hong Kong listed company for an acquisition of a PRC technology company.
- Acted for a Dutch bank in respect of a HK$940 million sustainability-linked loan provided to a global property corporation listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.
- Advised a California-based bank on more than a dozen of subscription line financings provided to closed-end private equity funds.
- Acted for a Singapore-based bank in respect of a US$45 million subscription line financing provided to a real estate private equity fund.
University of Oxford, MSc, Law and Finance
City University of Hong Kong, PCLL
City University of Hong Kong, LLB
- Hong Kong