Helen Chan is a senior associate in the Hong Kong office of Mayer Brown's Insurance Litigation practice. Helen has experience in various aspects of insurance litigation, including policy interpretation and defence of claims involving Motor Liability, Employees’ Compensation, Contractors’ All Risks and Public Liability.
- Advising on personal injury claims including issues of liability and quantum, settlement offers, strategy, costs analysis and taxation procedures.
- Advising on policy issues such as policy coverage and breach due to late reporting and failure to take reasonable precaution.
- Handled various value claims arising out of traffic accidents and industrial accidents, notably involving construction sites.
- Handled various high value claims for catastrophic injury cases resulting in expeditious out of Court solutions.
- Successful argument of Summons challenging the admissibility of the statement of the Plaintiff's witness in Ho Suk Man v. Sit Tim Mau and others, HCPI No. 122 of 2011 (decision of Deputy High Court Judge Marlene Ng on 29 August 2013) resulting in an Order for redaction with costs.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
University of Sheffield, LLB, Honours
- Hong Kong