Colin Carley is a Corporate & Securities partner in Mayer Brown’s New York office. Colin’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions across a variety of industries, with extensive experience in the private equity, insurance and life sciences sectors. He advises clients in US and cross-border asset and stock acquisitions and divestitures, leveraged buyouts, strategic add-ons, equity financings, carveout transactions, restructurings and general corporate matters.
Colin joined Mayer Brown in 2010.
Certain Representative Matters
- Represented The Jordan Company in the sale of its portfolio company DuBois Chemicals to Altas Partners.
- Represented Stirling Square Capital Partners and its portfolio company Magnum Corporation in Magnum’s acquisition of Rostra Vernatherm from a consortium of private investors.
- Represented Everstone Capital in connection with its co-investment to acquire OMH HealthEdge Holdings.
- Represented Gilbert Global Equity Partners in the sale of its portfolio company CPM Holdings to American Securities LLC.
- Represented DuBois Chemicals, a portfolio company of The Jordan Company, in its acquisition of TWH Water Treatment Industries from a group of private equity firms.
- Represented The Jordan Company in the sale of its portfolio company AFF Global Logistics to Odyssey Logistics and Technology.
- Represented The Jordan Company in the sale of its portfolio company Vantage Specialty Chemicals to H.I.G. Capital.
- Represented The Jordan Company and its portfolio company Borchers Americas in Borchers' acquisition of Owensboro Specialty Polymers from an employee stock ownership program.
- Represented Stirling Square Capital Partners in its acquisition of the Vernet group of companies from family shareholders.
- Represented Sensus and its private equity sponsors, The Jordan Company and GS Capital Partners, in Sensus’ $1.7 billion sale to Xylem Inc.
Banking & Asset Management
- Represented the special committee of the board of directors of Oaktree Capital Group in connection with the $4.7 billion sale of a 62% interest in Oaktree to Brookfield Asset Management Inc.
- Represented Assured Guaranty in its $160 million acquisition of BlueMountain Capital Management, a hedge fund and CLO manager.
- Represented Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce in its acquisition of boutique investment banking firm Cleary Gull, Inc.
- Represented one of the largest networks of independent financial advisory firms in the U.S. in its acquisition of a retail investment advisory business with approximately $10 billion in assets.
- Represented Nationwide in its acquisition of E-Risk Services, a privately-held managing general agency for specialty lines of insurance.
- Represented Munich Re in the sale of the long term care division of its subsidiary LifePlans, Inc. to Long Term Care Group, Inc. and in the subsequent sale of the healthcare division of LifePlans, Inc. to Matrix Medical Network.
- Represented Munich Re in its acquisition of Allianz Life and Annuity Company from Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, as well as the reinsurance of the target’s in-force annuity policies to Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America.
- Represented Everest Reinsurance Holdings in the sale of Heartland Crop Insurance to CGB Diversified Services.
- Represented Munich Re in its acquisition of Financial Reassurance Company 2010, Ltd., a special purpose financial insurance company, from Citigroup Insurance Holding Corporation.
- Represented Pacific Life in its acquisition of the term life new business platform from Genworth Financial.
- Represented Sebela Pharmaceuticals in connection with its acquisition of Braintree Laboratories and related term loan, led by BioPharma Credit, and equity financing.
- Represented Slayback Pharma in connection with its $60 million committed financing from KKR.
- Represented Ireland-based Vidara Therapeutics International Ltd. in its acquisition by Horizon Pharma, Inc. for cash and stock consideration valued at approximately $660 million at the time of announcement.
Fordham University, JD
Urban Law Journal
University of Michigan, BA, with highest distinction
Phi Beta Kappa
- New York