Thatiane Campello is a senior associate of the Employment & Benefits practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown. She focuses her practice on employment consultancy and litigation, including complex judicial lawsuits and administrative proceedings, working for almost 10 years at Tauil & Chequer Advogados and during the second semester of 2015 in the Washington DC office.
Thatiane’s experience includes due diligences in the risk assessment of labor liabilities and HR practices and in compliance investigations, Global Mobility Policies and immigration procedures in Brazil. Her experience on labor consultancy includes the implementation of Profit Sharing Plans, Stock Option Plans, officer’s compensation, review of benefits, the implementation of HR practices, offshore legislation, quota of apprentices and people with disabilities, issues related to health and safety rules, among others. She is experienced on drafting and reviewing employment contracts, officers agreement, services agreement, terminations, including by mutual agreement and negotiation of retention, non-disclosure, non-compete and non-solicitation clauses. Her experience in litigation includes companies’ defenses in strategic individual labor lawsuits, Public Civil Actions (ACP), Terms of Agreement (TAC), labor infraction notices and administrative proceedings involving labor authorities.
Thatiane has experience in consultancy on visas and residency authorizations for expatriates assigned to render services in Brazil or abroad, including in the review of Global Mobility Policies. Her experience in labor and compliance matters includes more than 150 labor due diligences and 340 compliance investigations with analysis of labor and anti-corruption violations, Code of Conduct and Human Resources Policies.
- Experience in more than 150 M&A transactions and due diligences in the risk assessment and estimative of loss of judicial lawsuits and administrative proceedings and analysis of human resources practices, payroll, HR Policies and review of benefits and collective bargaining agreements
- Management and coordination of deadlines related to litigation reports, judicial lawsuits and administrative proceedings of several companies in Brazil.
- Consulting about visa and residency authorization for expatriates assigned to render services in Brazil and temporary and permanent transfer of Brazilian employees assigned to work abroad, including in the review of Companies’ Global Mobility Policies.
- Consulting for clients in labor law and practice in the implementation of profit sharing plans, stock option, flexible benefits, variable remuneration, remuneration of executives, private pension plan, implementation of Human Resources policies, offshore employees, quota of apprentices and quota of employees with special needs (PCD), compensation of the workday scheme and rotation shifts, health and safety at work, among others.
- Draft and review offer letters, employment contracts, officer agreements, services agreements, termination, retention, non-disclosure and non-compete agreements.
- Compliance investigations at one of Brazil’s largest energy companies after more than 340 whistleblowers complaints with interview of employees to analyze violations of the Brazilian Labor Law, anti-bribery and anticorruption laws, Code of Conduct and Human Resources policies in one of the leading companies of exploration, refinement and distribution of oil and gas in the world, as well as a major investor in ethanol in Brazil.
- Elaboration of Defenses, Motions to Clarify, Ordinary Appeals, Review Appeals, Interlocutory Appeals, Counterarguments, and Appeals in the execution phase of labor lawsuits, among others.
- Attendance to hearings and oral argument before Labor Courts.
- Solid experience to represent companies ranging from mid-to Fortune 100-sized companies on every step of labor relations, from hiring to termination procedures, union negotiations and structuring and managing labor benefits and executive compensation plans for purposes of ensuring compliance with employment legislation and preventing companies from any labor exposure.
- Legal assessment on various due diligences and labor check-ups with respect to labor matters of important companies related to different businesses, such as energy, real estate, food processing, mining and oil and gas.
- Participated in the Rio Oil & Gas 2012, 2014 and 2018 with representation of one the most relevant Institutes of oil and gas in Brazil during the entire event.
- Secondment in one of the leading companies of exploration, refiner and distribution of oil and gas in the world, as well as a major investor in ethanol in Brazil.
- Assisted clients from oil and gas, biofuel, telecommunications, chemical, agribusiness sectors in several compliance investigations involving executives and administrators (i.e., directors, board members, managers), as well as, employees, customers, services providers and suppliers for conducting compliance risk-assessment based on whistleblower complaints.
- Represents companies of oil and gas, drilling, geophysical and manufacturing services in labor litigation with respect to judicial and administrative proceedings related to labor law.
- Participates in several labor and employment due diligences on M&A Transactions and Financing Projects identifying and reporting labor litigation and human resources procedures adopted by companies.
- Represents companies in individual labor lawsuits and class actions and obtain favorable decisions in complex cases of judicial and administrative proceedings involving the Labor Offices and Labor Authorities.
Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF), MBA, Strategic Business Management
Universidade Candido Mendes, Further Education in Labor Law
Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)