Andrew J. Calica
Electronic Discovery & Information Governance, Product Liability & Mass Torts, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Andrew J. Calica is a partner in the New York office and a member of Mayer Brown’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. He represents companies in the pharma and life sciences sectors in complex product liability litigation, areas where Mayer Brown was recently recognized as Practice of the Year for Product Liability Litigation and Life Sciences by Law360. He also advises pharmaceutical companies in internal investigations and in commercial litigation, arbitration and mediation. Andrew’s recent engagements include representing brand name pharmaceutical companies in a nationwide product liability litigation and a multi-national pharmaceutical company in an international commercial arbitration.
- Secured trial victory for global bank on claim of breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing in connection with a revolving credit agreement.
- Obtained dismissal of Commodity Exchange Act claims against global bank in LIBOR class action.
- Represented global pharmaceutical company in connection with N.Y. False Claims Act claim by New York Attorney General.
- Represented brand name pharmaceutical companies as national counsel supervising cases involving 8,000 product liability plaintiffs.
- Cornell Law School, JD
- Wesleyan University, BA
Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- US District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- US District Court for the Northern District of New York