André Camargo is Counsel in the Corporate Governance practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the São Paulo Office.
He has more than 23 years of experience in law and business consulting with a focus on corporate law, corporate governance and M&A serving national and foreign clients, he is a professor at several institutions across the country in the areas of business law, corporate governance, M&A and business ethics, including Insper, St. Paul, Mackenzie, IBMEC, FIA, EPD and IBGC.
He was visiting professor at the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland (2008, 2011, 2016 and 2018). He is a member of the Editorial Committee of the Journal of Corporate Law and Securities (Ed. Almedina Brasil). He has been working with the IBGC since 2009 on several fronts, currently as a member of the CAC - Conduct and the Legal Commission and giving lectures and classes in the courses offered by the institution. He coordinated Insper Direito for 16 years (2002 to 2018).
University of St.Gallen - St.Gallen / Switzerland, Post-doctorate (as guest professor), in the areas of Corporate Governance and Entrepreneurship, 2018
Superior School of Constitutional Law – São Paulo/ SP, Lato sensu postgraduate degree in Constitutional Law, 2014
University of São Paulo - USP / SP, PhD in Commercial Law, 2012
University of California - Davis / EUA, Master’s in Corporate and Contract Law (LL.M.), 2002
University Presbiteriana Mackenzie – São Paulo/ SP, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent), 1999
- President and Co-Coordinator of Commission of Corporate Law and Capital Markets of Instituto Brasileiro de Direito Empresarial (IBRADEMP), São Paulo
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Corporate Law and Securities (Ed. Almedina Brasil), São Paulo
- Member of CAC – Conduct and the Legal Commission of IBGC - Instituto Brasileiro de Governança Corporativa, São Paulo
- Coordinator and Professor of the MBA in Corporate Governance, Compliance and Business Ethics of LCA – Law Concept Academy, São Paulo
- Recognized as one of the Most Admired Lawyers in Brazil for expertise in Compliance in the Análise Advocacia 500, 2021 and recognized by Chambers Brazil 2022 as a member of the ESG Band 1 practice and part of the winning team of the Leaders League Awards (Brazil's Legal Summit) in the category ESG in 2022.