Alexander W. Burdulia is a Registered Foreign Lawyer in the Corporate & Securities practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office. He represents private equity sponsors, alternative investment funds and corporations in a range of corporate and investment transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and minority and control investments.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Alex worked in the New York City office of another international law firm where he focused on private equity transactions and general restructuring and finance matters.
- Advised a private equity sponsor in its investment in an international provider of big data analytics and market research for the consumer packaged goods, retail and healthcare industries.
- Advised a private equity sponsor and its portfolio company, a provider of outsourced supply chain solutions, in the acquisitions of a food and beverage specialized third-party logistics firm and a developer of third-party logistics software.
- Advised a consortium of investors in the acquisition of a provider of email phishing defense technology.
- Advised private equity sponsors in acquisition financings ranging from US$120 to US$200 million, various portfolio company matters and numerous M&A bidding processes.
- Advised a leading independent power producer and its debtor affiliates in the restructuring of approximately US$2.5 billion of funded indebtedness through their Chapter 11 reorganization cases in the United Stated Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- Advised a global fashion retailer and its debtor affiliates in the restructuring of over US$450 million of funded indebtedness through their Chapter 11 reorganization cases in the United Stated Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
University of Pennsylvania Law School, JD, Executive Editor, Journal of Business Law
Rutgers University, BA, cum laude
Wharton Business School, Certificate, in Management
- New York