"Recommended lawyer" in the areas of Corporate and M&A as well as RestructuringLegal 500 Deutschland 2017
Dr. Benjamin Büttner is a lawyer, tax consultant and partner in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown’s Corporate practice. He advises clients on the reorganization and restructuring of companies, on tax and accounting law as well as on M&A.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2016, Benjamin worked for another international law firm in Frankfurt.
- Advised various banking consortiums on the restructuring of companies in the automotive and energy sector.
- Advised a printing company on restructuring to sale of the group.
- Advised a bank on the establishment of a bad bank structure for the purpose of financial risk shielding.
- Advised a private equity investor on the restructuring and sale of a chip manufacturer.
- Advised banks on internal reorganization measures as well as on strengthening of their financial instruments (tier 1).
- Advised banks on defense against claims of insolvency administrators.
- Advised a bank on the acquisition of a custodian bank business.
- Advised a bank on the acquisition of a capital market business.
- Advised a bank on the sale of a private loan portfolio.
- Advised an energy company on the acquisition of an energy service provider.
- Advised a pharmaceutical distribution company on restructuring, tax audit as well as on the sale of important group companies.
Second State Law Examination (bar exam)Frankfurt, 2007
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)Frankfurt, 2005-2007 Doctor’s degree (PhD in law), University of Freiburg, 2003-2005
First State Law ExaminationFreiburg, 2003
University of Freiburg im Breisgau1998-2003
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany