“provides a ‘very good level of service’, ‘business knowledge’, ‘team work’ and ‘value for money’”The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2018)
Rod Brown is a corporate partner in Mayer Brown's Singapore office. His practice covers mergers and acquisitions, private equity and investment fund transactions, joint ventures and general corporate matters across a variety of sectors in South East Asia and India.
- Advised Nestlé S.A. in relation to its exit from PT Nestlé Indofood Citarasa Indonesia (NICI), a joint venture with PT Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur Tbk (Indofood), including the disposal of its 50% stake in NICI to Indofood.
- Advised CT Corp in relation to its sale of a 49 percent stake in its life insurance business to Prudential Financial, establishing a significant joint venture in the life insurance business in Indonesia.
- Advised an Indonesian conglomerate in relation to the partial sale of its retail division and joint venture arrangements with a Singaporean institutional investor.
- Advised a US manufacturing company on its proposed joint venture with an Indian battery manufacturer.
- Advised an Asian based private equity fund in relation to its participation in an auction to acquire significant Philippine manufacturing assets from a European seller.
- Advised a global distributor of mobile phones and accessories on its acquisition of 51 percent of a subsidiary of an international Indian telecoms company and the related shareholders' agreement.
- Advised a private equity fund on its acquisition of an interest in a drinks manufacturing company in Myanmar.
- Advised a leading, national oil company in Asia on its refinery redevelopment plan and its acquisition of various interests in Iraq.
- Advised a US based private equity fund in the acquisition of a majority stake in an international private members' club.
- Advised a private equity backed joint venture on its disposal program of various four and five star hotels which has included acting on over 20 hotel share and asset sales globally.
The College of Law, London, LPC
The College of Law, London, CPE
University of Exeter, BA (Hons)
- England and Wales
- Notable Practitioner - Mergers and Acquisitions, Singapore – IFLR1000 (2019)
- Notable Practitioner - Private Equity, Singapore – IFLR1000 (2019)