Christoph Broich is a counsel in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown's Corporate practice. He advises national and international clients on corporate and commercial matters, focusing on mergers and acquisitions and related transactions. He gained wide-ranging experience in domestic and cross-border transactions, corporate restructurings, joint ventures and shareholder arrangements.
Christoph is a certified expert in commercial and corporate law (Fachanwalt für Handels- und Gesellschaftsrecht). He is Professor of Business Law in the Master in Auditing and Master of Taxation programs at Frankfurt School of Finance and Management and University of Applied Sciences Mainz. In addition to his native German, Christoph is fluent in English and French.
- Advised a leading global chemical company on the dissolution of complex joint venture structures and on corporate matters.
- Advised AT&T on outsourcing agreements and further contract law matters.
- Advised Moody’s on corporate, regulatory and M&A related matters.
- Advised Albemarle Corporation on the sale of several subsidiaries and business units.
- Advised a leading global tire manufacturer on corporate and contract law matters.
- Advised various real estate companies on the acquisition and sale of portfolio companies.
- Advised Edgewell Personal Care on the spin-off of pension obligations.
- Advised WFS Worldwide Flight Services on the acquisition of a majority stake in Fraport Cargo Services and the relating joint venture with Fraport.
- Advised international first tier automotive supplier on corporate law and M&A matters.
- Advised a consortium of PE investors on the sale of Bopp & Reuther group.
- Advised private equity investor Halder on its acquisition of Wback Group through a management buy-out.
- Advised Aegis Media group on corporate law matters.
- Advised Çelebi on the acquisition of airport service companies in Germany.
- Advised AkzoNobel on the public takeover of coatings manufacturer Schramm Holding AG, the first German company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised Financial Market Stabilization Fund (SoFFin - Sonderfonds Finanzmarktstabilisierung) on the formation of Erste Abwicklungsanstalt and the transfer of securities of WestLB in an amount exceeding EUR 77 billion.
- Advised Klesch Group on the acquisition of a German refinery and in relation to ongoing corporate/commercial matters.
- Advised Beijing Automotive Industry Corporation (BAIC) on the tender for Opel/Vauxhall group.
- Advised CPM Holdings on the acquisition of a German plant construction company.
- Advised a leading global chemical company on the envisaged joint venture with a leading energy provider for the purpose of constructing and operating major power plants.
- Advised computer manufacturer Bullon the acquisition of a German IT company.
- Advised investment company Melrose on the restructuring and subsequent sale of a German components supplier.
- Advised ING-DiBa on the acquisition of a EUR 4.3 billion loan portfolio from Hypo Real Estate.
Certified Expert in Commercial and Corporate Law, 2010
Doctor’s degree (PhD in law), University of Augsburg, 2005
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Hamburg, 2004
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Hamburg, Brussels, Singapore, 2002-2004
LLM, Sydney, Australia, 2001
First State Law Examination, Munich, 2000
Universities of Passau and Munich, 1995-2000
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Professor of Business Law in the "Master of Auditing" and "Master of Taxation" program at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management and University of Applied Sciences Mainz, since 2012
- Lecturer of Corporate and Commercial Law in the "Bachelor of Management and Financial Markets" program at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, 2007 to 2011