Robert Bressman is a partner in Mayer Brown's New York office and a member of the Real Estate practice. He focuses his practice on complex real estate financing, leasing and joint venture transactions, as well as major office and hotel development and equity deals. He advises national insurance companies and financial institutions in negotiating, documenting and closing acquisition, construction and permanent financing; represents investment banks on mezzanine financing and preferred equity transactions; counsels institutional owners and public and private companies in development and ownership of Class A office buildings; advises private equity funds and pension fund advisors in development and ownership of five-star hotels, Class A office buildings and luxury condominiums; represents landlords in leasing of more than 10 million square feet of Class A office space; and counsels institutional users on leasing of major corporate headquarters.
Robert is a frequent lecturer and writer on topics in real estate law. He is the co-author of the course book Understanding and Negotiating Facilities Leases, which he wrote in conjunction with his participation at a leasing seminar sponsored by the Global Conference Network. Chambers USA reports that he is “outstanding” and notes his leasing and financing work for major international banks.
- Represented national insurance companies and financial institutions in negotiating, documenting and closing acquisition, construction and permanent financing.
- Represented investment banks and other financial institutions with respect to mezzanine financing and preferred equity transactions.
- Represented institutional owners in development of Class A office buildings, including acquisition, financing and leasing.
- Represented private equity funds and pension fund advisors in development of Class A hotels, offices and condominiums in New York City and nationally.
- Represented private and public companies in development of Class A office buildings in New York City, Washington DC and nationally.
- Represented landlords in leasing an aggregate space of more than 8 million square feet in New York City.
- Represented institutional users with respect to leasing major corporate headquarters in New York City and nationally.
Rutgers University School of Law, JD
Columbia University, BA
- New York
- Named one of "America’s Leading Business Lawyers,” Chambers USA
- Recipient of New York Metro Super Lawyers Award, 2007-2015
- Rated in Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent™