José Guilherme Botelho is an associate in the Restructuring & Bankruptcy and Litigation & Arbitration practices of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the São Paulo office. Since 2008, Botelho has been working on debt restructuring, bankruptcy and credit recovery complex cases.
José Guilherme also has experience in litigation and commercial contracts involving banking issues and corporate disputes.
Prior to joining the firm, Botelho worked for six years at another Brazilian law firm.
- Represented companies and financial institutions in relevant debt restructuring cases, such as Agrenco, Infinity, Arantes Group, VARIG, Varig Logística, BRA, VASP, Celpa, Rede Energia Group, OSX, OGX, Lupatech, Inepar Group, Alumini Engenharia, Schahin Group and Oi.
- Handling of restructuring cases representing bankruptcy trustees, such as Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in OSX, OGX, Inepar and Alumini’s judicial reorganization proceeding.
- Dealing with complex litigation cases, such as collection lawsuits, class actions and corporate disputes.
One Day Seminar Curitiba – PR, Turnaround Management Association
Pontifícia Universidade Católica, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
Insper - Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa, LLM, Contract Law
Insper - Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa, Turnaround de Empresas: da reestruturação à recuperação
- Member,Turnaround Management Association – TMA
- Member, Civil Law Committee of the Brazilian Bar Association - São Paulo Branch
- Member, Bankruptcy Law Committee of the Brazilian Bar Association – São Paulo Branch
- Member, Commercial Code Committee of the Brazilian Bar Association – São Paulo Branch