Lucas Boechat is an associate in the Tax practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados at the Rio de Janeiro Office.
He is experienced in the various levels of the Brazilian tax controversy system, providing advice in tax inspection procedures, conducting administrative defenses and managing overall tax litigation, as well as advice on special tax regimes. In addition, Lucas provides legal advice on local and international taxation in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience in tax enforcements and tax litigation involving federal, state and municipal taxation.
- Experience in administrative tax controversy related mainly to federal and state taxes.
- Represented an international oil & gas company in an administrative controversy related to a tax assessment of over US$100 million.
- Represented a multi-billion dollar Brazilian pension fund on tax issues.
- Represented international oil & gas industry companies in multiple tax litigation.
Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF), Specialization in Finance and Tax Law
Universidade Candido Mendes, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
- Course of Complex Negotiations (08 hours)
- Course of Accounting for Non-accountants (18 hours)
- Advanced English Course at Avalon School - London (July, 2014)