Valentine is an associate in the Chicago office of Mayer Brown and a member of the Corporate & Securities practice. Valentine concentrates her practice on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate counseling. She advises purchasers, sellers and targets on a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactional matters, including public and private mergers, stock and assets acquisitions and divestitures and joint ventures. She represents a broad range of international and US clients, from publicly held companies to smaller privately owned companies as well as private equity firms in a variety of industries, including the energy, manufacturing and industrial equipment, insurance, medical, real estate and retail industries.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2015, Valentine worked as an associate in the Paris office of a Magic Circle law firm for three years.
Valentine serves as co-chair of Mayer Brown Chicago's Women Forum. Valentine also serves on the board of directors of Association of Sciences Po Alumni, Inc. as the director of the Chicago and Midwest branch, and on the Young Professionals Committee of the French-American Chamber of Commerce of Chicago.
- Represented the management of Idemia in its €2.4 billion acquisition of Safran Identity & Security and Morpho USA Inc., with regard to the corporate, structuring and financing aspects of their management package.
- Represented a private equity fund in its add-on acquisition of a company in the electronic material and equipment industry for $35 million.
- Represented a private equity fund in the undertaking of representations and warranties insurance in connection with its acquisition of a company in the consumer products industry for approximately $175 million.
- Represented a publicly-held company in the global outsourcing of its back office supply chain support services and the related divestiture of its intellectual property assets in the foods industry for approximately $160 million.
- Represented TransCanada Pipeline USA Ltd. in the divestiture of its New England hydroelectric power portfolio to an affiliate of ArcLight Capital Partners
- Represented Ryerson Holding Corporation in its stock purchase of the Laserflex Corporation, a full-service precision metal fabricator specializing in laser material processing technology
- Represented The Chicago Community Trust in its acquisition of the website www.chicago.com
- Represented TransCanada Corporation in its $13 billion acquisition of Columbia Pipeline Group, Inc., a Texas-based company that operates an approximate 15,000-mile network of interstate natural gas pipelines extending from New York to the Gulf of Mexico
- Represented Assured Guaranty Ltd. in its $347 million acquisition of MBIA UK Insurance Limited, the European operating subsidiary of MBIA Corp.
- Represented Assured Guaranty Ltd. in its $450 million acquisition of CIFG Holding Inc., the parent of financial guaranty insurer CIFG Assurance North America, Inc.
- Represented Generac Holdings Inc. in its acquisition of a majority stake in the Italian-based Pramac group, a leading manufacturer of stationary and mobile generators
- Represented Trilogy Holdings LP in the $1.5 billion sale of Trilogy Investors LLC, which owns and operates integrated senior health care campuses in the Midwest, to Trilogy Real Estate Investment Trust, a joint venture between Griffin-American Healthcare REIT III Inc. and NorthStar Healthcare Income Inc.
- Represented the senior creditors' committee in the lender-led €1.8 billion debt restructuring of the French utilities group SAUR.
New York University School of Law, LLM
Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po), MA, Vice President, Sciences Po Law School Society (AJSP)
Université Paris X Nanterre, JD, magna cum laude
- New York
- Not admitted in Illinois. Practicing under the supervision of firm principals.