Admitted to the Paris Bar, Clotilde Billat is an associate in the Corporate & Securities practice of the Paris office.
Her practice mainly focuses on mergers and acquisitions and particularly on private equity transactions in which she acts for French and foreign private investment funds in the context of acquisitions, sales or strategic minority investments involving both listed and unlisted companies.
Clotilde also regularly advises international groups in several industrial and financial sectors with regard to their acquisition, restructuring or financing transactions.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Clotilde was an associate for seven years in the Corporate department of the Paris office of another international law firm.
In addition to her native French, Clotilde is fluent in English.
- Advised CVC Capital partners on the disposal of Fraikin group to Petit Forestier group
- Advised Brait Mauritius Ltd on the acquisition of a 90% stake in New Look Retail Group Ltd
- Advised Billabong International on the sale of its SurfStich.com shareholding to a consortium of investors
- Advised Groupe Molitor on the sale of Ciprès, a wholesaler insurance broker dedicated to social care, to TA Associates
- Advised CGG on its defense against an hostile takeover led by Technip
- Advised Triton managers IV limited on the acquisition of the pneumatic activity of Bosch Rexorth Pneumatics Holiding BV
- Advised UniCrédit on its co-investment in Kepler Capital Markets for the purpose of financing the acquisition of de Chevreux by Kepler Capital Markets
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on its €1 billion public-to-private acquisition of the Delachaux Group and subsequent €700 million refinancing and dividend recapitalization
- Advised Triton Managers III Ltd on the acquisition of the European activity ”waterworks” from Tyco group
- Advised Michelin on its € 1.2 billion capital increase
- Advised Carlyle on the acquisition of Giannoni
- Advised Arcelor Mittal on the spin off and listing of its stainless steel activity
HEC Business School, Master, Law and Management