Pedro Ardezzoni is an associate of the Corporate and Banking & Finance practices of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the São Paulo office, currently in secondment at the Chicago office. Pedro focuses primarily on mergers, acquisitions and corporate and project financing deals.
Pedro has over 13 years of working experience representing limited liability companies, large corporations, banks, financial institutions and fintechs in a broad range of cross-border mergers and asset and stock acquisitions; restructuring; investments and divestiture transactions; capital markets and project finance transactions; creation, negotiation and enforcement of contracts; due diligence; incorporation and general corporate housekeeping of limited liability companies, corporations, banks and other similar entities; formation of joint ventures; as well as other similar transactions related to the Corporate and Banking & Finance practices.
Pedro has recently represented buyers, sellers, invertors, finance parties, banks and other finance institutions regarding deals, investments and other transactions in several countries, including, but not limited to, United States, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Ecuador, Jamaica, Guatemala etc.
- Represented BNP Paribas and Prudential in the US$550 million Diversified Payment Rights 2022-1 and 2022-3 Series of Banco do Brasil S.A. (US and Brazil);
- Represented Wells Fargo & Co (WFC), in the US$330 million Diversified Payment Rights 2022-1 and 2022-2 Series of Banco Industrial (US and Guatemala);
- Represented Pepsico do Brasil in the sale of Mabel cookies to Camil Alimentos S.A. (CAML3), the transaction amount is confidential (Brazil);
- Represented Goldman Sachs in the investment of up to US$140 million in the fintech Xepelin Holding Inc. (Mexico);
- Represented Goldman Sachs in the US$300 million Diversified Payment Rights 2022-1 Series of Banco Pichincha C.A. (US and Equator);
- Represented Chlorum Solutions LLC, regarding the issuance of a R$148 million commercial note by Cape Igarassu Indústria e Comércio de Produtos Químicos Ltda. (US and Brazil);
- Represented Agrifirma Brasil Agropecuária in the merger with BrasilAgro (AGRO3), in the total amount of R$205 million (Brazil);
- Represented the shareholders of one of Brazil's largest car rental companies - Unidas S.A. (UNID3) - in the issue of debentures in the amount of R$1 billion (Brazil);
- Represented Sforza Group in an transaction involving the incorporation of the Pizza Hut and KFC businesses, by International Meal Company S.A (MEAL3) (Brazil);
- Represented the shareholders of Unidas S.A. (UNID3) in the sale of the company's shares to Locamerica (LCAM3), with a deal value of nearly R$1 billion (Brazil);
- Represented Diagnósticos da América S.A. (DASA3) in the acquisition of Salomão & Zoppi medical laboratory, with a deal value of nearly R$600 million (Brazil);
- Represented Diagnósticos da América S.A. (DASA3) in the acquisition of the medical laboratory Leme - laboratório de Endocrinologia e Metabologia da Bahia Ltda., with a confidential deal value (Brazil);
- Represented Banco Bradesco in the post-closing operation for the acquisition of Banco HSBC in Brazil, with a deal value of nearly R$16 billion (Brazil);
- Represented publisher Abril Mídia S.A. in the sale of Elemidia S.A., with a deal value of nearly R$100 million (Brazil);
- Represented Banco Santander (Brasil) S.A. and Hyundai Capital Brasil in the formation of a joint venture in order to establish Banco Hyundai (Brazil);
- Represented Omni S.A. – Crédito Financiamento e Investimento in the acquisition of Banco Pecúnia, with a confidential deal value (Brazil);
- Represented Omni S.A. – Crédito Financiamento e Investimento in the assignment of Banco Pecúnia's credit portfolio, with a deal value of nearly R$800 million (Brazil);
- Represented Banco Inbursa (Mexico) in the acquisition of Standard Bank in Brazil, with a confidential deal value (Brazil);
- Represented Tegma S.A. (TGMA3) in the acquisition of Direct Log, with a confidential deal value (Brazil);
- Represented Mosaic do Brasil in the sale of companies Fertifós and Fosfértil to Vale, with a deal value of nearly R$5 billion (Brazil), etc.
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/SP), MBA
The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, WBLC
Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie, Bacharel em Direito
University of Pennsylvania, LLM
- Not admitted in Illinois. Practicing under the supervision of firm principals.