Frank Affonseca is an associate in the Corporate practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the Rio de Janeiro office. Frank has been working advising national and foreign clients in subjects such as Energy and Infrastructure, Commercial Agreements, Corporate Law, and M&A, having worked in some of the main law firms in the country, as well as in multinational company leader in the renewable energy generation in Brazil.
- Participated in due diligence to analyze and indicate the risks associated with the acquisition of projects of distributed generation under development, construction and operation.
- Participated in due diligence to analyze and indicate the risks related to power assets under the acquisition of oil refinery and fertilizing factory assets.
- Advising clients in structuring, negotiating and reviewing long term PPAs.
- Advising clients in structuring, negotiating and reviewing agreements related to self-production by similarity
- Advising clients in structuring, negotiating and reviewing agreements related to distributed generation projects
- Advised important player in the mining market in the negotiation and review of relevant iron ore mine and port operation contracts for the shipping of the respective iron ore production.
- Experience in negotiating complex contracts related to the construction of wind and solar renewable energy generation projects, such as Memorandum of Understanding, EPC, O&M Contracts, Equipment Supply Contracts (solar panels, trackers, inverters, etc.).
- Experience in the legal routine of managing construction works for wind and solar renewable energy generation projects, having worked in several negotiations related to construction issues with counterparties and preparing the necessary notifications and instruments of agreement.
Faculdade de Direito da Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Bachelor of Law