Simon Au is a senior associate of Mayer Brown. Simon is building a practice focused on all aspects of real estate litigation, including compulsory sale applications, and specialised areas such as building management, injunctive relief, New Territories law, and adverse possession. Simon is also interested in other areas of dispute resolution, including judicial review, bankruptcy and insolvency, and dealing with vexatious litigants. Simon also advises on non-contentious matters such as commercial regulations and property rights.
Simon speaks English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
- Assisting a professional regulatory body in disciplinary proceedings against members.
- Advising and representing real estate and banking sector clients in Court against vexatious litigants.
- Assisting in judicial review proceedings on behalf of, and against, various statutory bodies.
- Advising and representing a German listed company in proceedings against ex-directors.
- Assisting a bank in liaising with an independent monitor under a deferred prosecution agreement in four jurisdictions.
- Advising real estate developers in arbitration and litigation over planning issues, building management disputes, adverse possession, landlord and tenant disputes, sale and purchase disputes etc.
- Advising three different major land owners in successfully obtaining injunctive relief from the Court in three separate cases. In each case, the Court made new law in relation to unidentified defendants.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB, (Accelerated)
Wesleyan University, Bachelor of Arts (Honors)
- Hong Kong
- Member, Law Society of Hong Kong, 2013 - Present