“Kate Apostolova is ‘internationally renowned as a sharp and eloquent arbitration practitioner’ who is ‘extraordinarily bright and quick on her feet’ in commercial and investor-state disputes in the mining, oil and gas and construction industries.”Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration (2021)
Kate Apostolova is counsel in the International Arbitration practice in Mayer Brown's Singapore office.
Kate has extensive experience in international investor-state arbitrations, commercial arbitrations and international litigation proceedings. She has represented clients in a wide-range of industries, including oil & gas, mining, nuclear power, construction, finance, private equity, pharmaceuticals, technology. She has appeared as oral advocate and been involved in cases before all major arbitral institutions, the US courts, ICTY, ECHR, and ITLOS.
Kate has also been appointed as arbitrator in institutional and ad hoc arbitrations and is a certified mediator.
Kate is recognised in all major legal directories, including ranked no. 1 in Who’s Who Legal’s “Most Highly Regarded” list of international arbitration practitioners in Asia-Pacific for 2020, named a 2021 Rising Star by Law360, recognised in Chambers Global 2022, and listed in the Legal 500’s The Arbitration Powerlist: Southeast Asia 2022.
Hague Academy of International Law, Certificate in Public International Law
University of California, Berkeley School of Law, JD, Certificate in International Law
International Peace Scholar
Editor-in-Chief, Berkeley Journal of International Law
University of Nebraska-Lincoln, BA, Economics, International Studies, and Political Science
- England and Wales
- New York
- Executive Committee Member, Young Singapore International Arbitration Centre
- Chair, Asia-Pacific Sub-committee, Equal Representation in Arbitration Pledge
- Regional Head, DELOS Dispute Resolution
- Associate to Watch - Dispute Resolution: Arbitration, Singapore – Chambers Global (2022)
- Rising Star - Commercial Arbitration – Rising Stars Awards Asia-Pacific (2021)
- Rising Star - International Arbitration – Law 360 (2021)
- Rising Star - Commercial Arbitration, Singapore – Rising Stars Expert Guide (2021)
- Recommended - National Leader – Who’s Who Legal: Southeast Asia - Arbitration (2021)
- Finalist - Young Lawyer of the Year – ALB SE Asia Law Awards (2021)
- Number 1 Future Leader - Asia-Pacific – Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration (2020)
- Most Highly Regarded - Asia-Pacific – Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration (2019-2022)
- “Kate Apostolova is a senior associate who market sources predict will be ‘very successful’ in international arbitration. She is involved in high-value commercial and BIT arbitrations and is noted by another commentator for her ‘deep knowledge.’” – Chambers Global (2022)
- “Kate Apostolova is ‘internationally renowned as a sharp and eloquent arbitration practitioner’ who is ‘extraordinarily bright and quick on her feet’ in commercial and investor-state disputes in the mining, oil and gas and construction industries.”– Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration (2021)