Pedro Ernesto de Albuquerque is an associate in the Tax practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the São Paulo office. His activities are focused on litigation and tax advice, assisting large national and international companies in the industry, retail and services sectors. In addition, he also provides assistance to companies undergoing tax assessments and in the conduction of administrative and judicial litigation in the federal, state and municipal spheres.
Before joining Tauil & Chequer Advogados, Pedro worked in the law firm Campos Mello Advogados associated with DLA Piper, as a member of the Tax Litigation and Advice team, with respect to both direct and indirect taxes. He also worked in the Law Firm Mariz de Oliveira and Siqueira Advogados, focusing on indirect taxes, consulting and administrative and judicial litigation.
- Expertise in tax administrative litigation in the municipal, state and federal spheres.
- Experience in litigation, such as tax executions involving federal, state and the municipal taxes.
- Active participation in the administrative defense of multinational companies within the industrial and energy sectors relating to supposedly fraudulent transactions, involving amounts greater than USD100 million.
- Active participation in the conduction of administrative and judicial litigation of multinational companies of the aeronautics industry, worth more than USD100 million related to the non-levy of ICMS on leasing operations.
- Tax advice to multinational companies with respect to their activities and operations in Brazil and abroad and compliance with the tax laws, especially with regard to indirect taxes.
- Tax planning of the installation of a brewing factory in Brazil.
- Participation in due diligences.
- Assistance to clients to obtain and maintain their Fiscal Certificate of Good Standing in the federal, state and municipal levels.
Instituto Brasileiro de Direito Tributário (IBDT), Postgraduate in Specialization Course in Tax Law
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/SP), Implications of the New Code of Civil Procedure in Tax Law
Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP), PUC/SP University extension in The New Code of Civil Procedure: Comparative Analysis with the CPC of 1973
Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
Instituto Brasileiro de Direito Tributário (IBDT), Update Course in Tax Law