Asli Aksoylu is a foreign qualified lawyer and senior associate in the Banking & Finance group of the London office. Her practice focuses on general bank lending, debt capital markets, structured finance, project finance and export finance transactions. She regularly acts for banks, financial institutions and corporate borrowers in a variety of domestic and cross-border finance transactions.
Asli initially joined Mayer Brown’s Chicago office in 2013 and was transferred to London office in June 2015. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, she worked at the Istanbul office of an international law firm.
- Representing Turkish issuers in the establishment and/or renewal of their Medium Term Note (MTN) and covered bond programmes in Turkey and in issuances made under these programmes.
- Representing Turkish issuers in standalone Reg S/144A issuances.
- Representing issuers and arrangers in issuances under various Turkish banks’ diversified payment rights programmes.
- Represented HSBC USA, HSBC France and HSBC Mexico in relation to the BPI supported facility provided to a steel manufacturer in Mexico for the purchase of equipment from a French company.
- Represented OPIC as lender in connection with the financing and funding of a fast food restaurant chain in the country of Georgia.
- Represented lenders as mandated lead arrangers on a secured facility for a Turkish mining company for the development of their copper deposit in Turkey.
Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago II, LLM
Koç University, Istanbul, Turkey, BA in Law
- New York
- Listed under 'Other key lawyers' by Legal 500 2020 (debt capital markets).