Andy Adler is a senior associate in Mayer Brown’s New York office and a member of the Banking & Finance practice who focuses on leveraged finance. He represents banks and other financial institutions as well as sponsors and borrowers in a variety of complex debt financing transactions, with a focus on acquisition finance. Andy has extensive experience in domestic and cross-border financing transactions, including syndicated and bilateral, secured and unsecured, first and second lien and asset-based and cash flow credit financings. He also has several years of experience in European LMA-based financing transactions, including acquisition financings, general corporate lending and financial restructurings.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Andy was an associate with another prominent law firm in New York where he represented banks and financial institutions in Sponsor driven acquisition financings.
Represented arrangers and various lenders in a wide variety of loan facilities including the following:
US finance transactions:
- Represented BNP as lead arranger of the first lien / second lien financing for the acquisition by financial sponsor Wind Point Partners of The Kleinfelder Group, Inc
- Represented Amherst Holdings, LLC and certain of its subsidiaries, as borrowers, in connection with a $1 billion warehouse credit facility to finance the acquisition and operation of single-family rental homes.
- Represented a private credit fund as agent and sole lead arranger in the financing of the acquisition of Pioneer Metal Finishing, LLC, a leading provider of metal finishing services.
- Represented a private credit fund, as agent, in a revolving and term loan agreement providing financing to the Portfolio Group.
- Represented Twin Brook Capital Partners as agent and sole lead arranger in a senior secured credit facility to finance Frontenac's acquisition of a provider of engineering products and services.
- Represented Monroe Capital in a senior secured credit facility to finance an add-on acquisition and dividend recap for Digital Media Solutions, LLC.
- Represented a major global bank, as administrative agent, in connection with an increase to Boyd Gaming's senior secured term loan A and revolving credit facilities by $220 million.
- Represented HSBC Mexico, as agent, in the refinancing of a million term loan with AR Silver Bell, Inc.
- Represented Jefferies Finance LLC as lead arranger of the $400 million secured first lien / second lien financing for the acquisition of an American billing company.
- Represented Deutsche Bank AG as lead arranger of the $800 million financing for the acquisition of an Australian coal mining company by a private equity sponsor.
- Represented Citigroup Global Markets Limited as administrative agent and initial lender of a $2,5 billion corporate financing for VW Credit, Inc.
- Represented CPPIB Credit Investments Inc. as administrative agent and initial lender of a $85 million corporate financing for a Dutch industrial equipment company.
- Represented Jefferies Finance LLC as lead arranger of a $700 million secured first lien / second lien financing.
- Represented Jefferies Finance LLC as arranger of the financing for two acquisitions by Harvest Partners, LP.
- Represented Barclays Bank PLC as arranger of a $350 million acquisition financing.
- Represented Antares Capital LP as arranger of an $75.6 million incremental first lien term facility.
- Represented a major international bank as lender in connection with a $100 million bridge loan facility.
German / European transactions:
- Represented the lead arrangers of the €1.28 billion loan facility to Lixil Corporation to refinance a portion of the financing for the acquisition of GROHE Group S.à r.l.
- Represented PrimaCom, the fourth-largest cable operator in Germany, as borrower in a €365 million senior facilities refinancing certain of its existing indebtedness.
- Represented Deutsche Bank AG NY Branch as administrative agent and the joint lead arrangers of the $698 million senior secured facilities to finance the acquisition of German-based CeramTec-Group by European private equity firm Cinven.
- Represented SEB AG as arranger of a € 500 million syndicated corporate loan.
- Represented the steering committee of a leading international metal recycling company in connection with the financial restructuring of its existing debt aggregating € 500 million.
- Represented Wilmington Trust as security agent in the complex financial restructuring of SolarWorld AG.
- Represented Commerzbank AG as agent and security agent in the financial restructuring of a leading German automotive supplier in connection with a senior credit facilities agreement and a mezzanine credit facility agreement.
- Represented the Treofan Group in the financial restructuring of their debt, by means of a debt to equity swap of their second lien bond.
- Represented Commerzbank AG in the € 138.9 million corporate financing for a German international manufacturer of hydrants and water gauges.
- Represented a swiss airline catering company, in the refinancing of its existing $240 million revolving credit facility.
- Represented Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch, in its role as sole coordinator and in the refinancing of a Germany-based fire safety company involving senior secured facilities including a €315 million term loan facility, US$442 million term loan B facility, €141.5 million guarantee facility and a $40 million multicurrency revolving credit facility.
- Represented a globally operating family-owned automotive supplier in connection with a € 400 million financing arranged by LBBW and UniCredit.
Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany, JD
New York University School of Law, LLM
- New York