Tomo Adachi is a senior associate in the Banking & Finance practice of the Tokyo office.
Tomo has more than 10 years of experience in advising clients on cross-border transactions with a focus on corporate and asset acquisitions and divestments, joint venture, project development and financing, as well as marketing, offtake and transportation arrangements.
Tomo has also worked in-house, including at a major Japanese trading house, where he assisted mergers and acquisitions, upstream projects, joint ventures, and compliance issues in the EMEA and Oceania regions.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Tomo worked at major international law firms in London and Tokyo.
- A Japanese utility on the long-term portfolio LNG SPA with a supermajor.
- A Japanese seller on the mid-term LNG SPA.
- An Asian buyer on the Asia Pacific portfolio LNG SPA with an Asian seller.
- Japanese and French sponsors on the long-term LNG SPAs, spot sales contracts and operational issues for the sale into North Asia from the Ichthys LNG Project in Australia.
- A Japanese utility company on a mid-term LNG SPA with Petronas.
- A Japanese utility company on its cooperation of global LNG procurement (including cargo swap and shipping optimization) with a European major utility company.
- A Japanese utility company on the drafting of a bespoke spot LNG master sale and purchase agreement.
- A Japanese consortium on its proposed on-sell of LNG from Nigeria.
- A Japanese sponsor on its LNG procurement from Papua New Guinea (both spot and term) and the related formation of a joint venture with the state-owned entity.
Upstream Oil and Gas
- A Japanese trading house on its acquisition of and subsequent operational and offtake agreements in relation to Alba and Britannia fields, UK North Sea.
- A developer on its joint bid in the UKCS 27th bidding round and JOA negotiations with leading European developers, UK North Sea.
- A Japanese upstream company on its farm-in to onshore and offshore exploration blocks in Myanmar.
- A Japanese upstream company on its successful joint bid with a European major for multiple offshore blocks in Myanmar.
- A Japanese upstream company on its bid to acquire minority stakes in certain producing assets, offshore Malaysia.
- A Japanese consortium on the restructuring and various operational and contractual advice relating to a producing oil and gas project in Indonesia.
- A Japanese trading house on its divestment of upstream assets in Southeast Asia.
- A Japanese trading house on the various operational issues in respect of a major oil and gas project in Azerbaijan.
- A Korean developer on the operational and contractual advice in relation to the offshore oil and gas project in Myanmar.
- Global financial institutions as the underwriters of the rights issue exercise on the multiple stock exchanges by a European independent in respect of the due diligence of its assets in Europe, Africa and the Americas.
- Japanese investors on its proposed divestment of interests in the producing asset in Indonesia.
- A Japanese consortium on various financing, commercial and contractual issues in respect of a number of FPSOs/FSOs operating in Brazil, Vietnam and Australia.
- A leading Japanese financial institution on the various ship financing, re-financing, syndicated loan, charter and restructuring transactions.
Power and Infrastructure
- International lenders on Khanom 4 IPP, Thailand.
- A developer on the structuring of a newly built nuclear power plant in the United Kingdom.
- A Japanese developer on its proposed establishment of the joint venture company to participate in solar power projects in Saudi Arabia.
- A Japanese consortium on its attempted bid to acquire a majority interest in the concessionaire operating company of a major port in Greece.
Joint Venture, Private Acquisition and General Corporate
- A Japanese trading house on its bid for a European oil and gas service company.
- A Japanese trading house on its bid to acquire the owner and processor of vegetable and fruit juice concentrates in New Zealand.
- A US financial institution on its acquisition of a Japan-based asset management company.
- A Japanese investor on the investment into an Asia-headquartered food refinery, logistics and merchandising group companies.
Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice
University of Bristol, Bachelor of Law (Honours)
Keio University, Bachelor of Law
- England and Wales: No. 890
- Japan (Gaikokuho Jimu Bengoshi), Tokyo Bar Association: No. G875