Mayer Brown announced today the launch of a new practical source, A Global Guide to Employee Data Privacy, which provides employers with a valuable resource when navigating the specific challenges of handling employee data in different jurisdictions.
A Global Guide to Data Privacy is the latest guide in the award-winning series of global ebooks published by Mayer Brown’s Employment & Benefits practice. The guide, the largest to date, covers 55 key countries across the Americas, Asia and EMEA and provides both quick reference and substantive guidance.
The guide’s comprehensive contents include:
- FAQs on:
- The application of the new European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) alongside national laws in European Union (EU) jurisdictions;
- The laws regulating the collection, use and/or handling of applicant and employee personal data;
- The requirement to have privacy policies, statements or similar agreements to deal with employee data;
- Best practice for retaining employee personal data;
- The restrictions on transferring employee data overseas or to third parties;
- Sanctions for breaching the relevant laws; and
- Potential pitfalls when collecting, using and/or handling employee data.
- GDPR Overview – highlighting the major changes and requirements introduced by the GDPR, affecting businesses both within and outside the EU.
- “In Brief” and “In Detail” Guidance – ensuring the guide will be a valuable starting point, providing both quick reference and more substantive content across all jurisdictions.
Click here to access the guide, which is available in ebook and interactive PDF format.