Mayer Brown was named a finalist for “Private Equity Law Firm of the Year,” “Project Finance Law Firm of the Year” and “Structured Finance and Securitisation Law Firm of the Year” in the International Financial Law Review (IFLR) 2018 Americas awards. In addition, Mayer Brown advised on six matters that were named as finalists for “Deal of the Year” honors:
• Debt & Equity-Linked Deal of the Year – Mayer Brown represented Celeo Redes Operación Chile S.A. in the first portfolio project bond in Chile;
• Loans Deal of the Year – Mayer Brown served as counsel to a major financial institution in a loan of nearly $1 billion to the State of Rio de Janeiro guaranteed by the federal government of Brazil;
• Private Equity Deal of the Year – Mayer Brown represented Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board in its purchase of a 40 percent interest in Aerostar Airport Holdings LLC, which holds a concession in the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport in Puerto Rico;
• Project Finance Deal of the Year – Mayer Brown represented the noteholders on the private placement of approximately $135.8 million in investment-grade rated project bonds issued to partially re-finance the 70-megawatt Campo Palomas wind energy project in Uruguay;
• Restructuring Deal of the Year – Mayer Brown advised HSBC Bank in the extrajudicial reorganization proceedings in Brazil and Chapter 15 recognition proceedings in the US of Odebrecht Oil & Gas and its subsidiaries and affiliates; and
• Structured Finance and Securitisation Deal of the Year – Mayer Brown served as counsel to Four Seas in connection with the sale of $150 million in notes backed primarily by its inventory of rough and polished diamonds.
IFLR is a monthly magazine that covers legal issues and legal risk in the world’s financial markets, and provides readers with a global perspective on the business of law.