Mayer Brown, a leading global law firm, has been named a finalist in 12 categories of the Americas Tax Awards 2014 sponsored by International Tax Review. The annual awards recognize the most innovative tax transactional, structuring, litigation and transfer-pricing work done in North and South America in 2013-2014. This year’s winners will be announced in September.
Mayer Brown is a “Firm of the Year” finalist in nine categories:
- North America Tax Disputes Firm of the Year;
- North America Tax Firm of the Year;
- US Tax Court Firm of the Year;
- Chicago Tax Firm of the Year;
- Dallas/Houston Tax Firm of the Year;
- New York Tax Firm of the Year;
- San Francisco and Silicon Valley Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year;
- Washington DC Tax Firm of the Year; and
- Washington DC Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year.
In addition, three matters on which the firm worked have been named “Deal of the Year” finalists in the following categories:
- Americas Capital Markets Tax Deal of the Year – $200 million catastrophe bond offering for MetroCat Re;
- Americas Financial Services Tax Deal of the Year – Sale by State Farm and related affiliates of Canadian insurance and other financial services operations to Desjardins Group; and
- Americas Joint Venture Deal of the Year – Cameron/Schlumberger JV to form OneSubsea.
International Tax Review will select winners based on firm submissions and interviews with private practice lawyers and in-house tax executives.