Mayer Brown, a leading global law firm, was the most-recognized law firm at the annual Americas Tax Awards sponsored by International Tax Review, garnering seven “firm of the year” awards in the following categories:
• Americas Tax Disputes Firm of the Year
• US Tax Court Firm of the Year
• US Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
• North America Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
• San Francisco Area Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
• San Francisco Area Tax Firm of the Year
• Washington, DC Tax Firm of the Year
“This unprecedented achievement for Mayer Brown in one of the tax industry’s most prestigious awards competitions attests to the experience and capabilities of our lawyers in assisting clients with their most challenging tax matters,” said Joel Williamson, co-leader of Mayer Brown’s Tax Controversy practice.
The Americas Tax Awards recognize outstanding achievement in tax, tax disputes and transfer pricing between June 2011 and June 2012 in nine South American countries, Canada, Puerto Rico and six US cities.
Earlier in 2012, Mayer Brown was recognized for the sixth consecutive year by both Chambers USA and Legal 500 United States with highest rankings for its Tax Controversy practice.