Mayer Brown, a leading global law firm, announced today that seven of its partners were named “Best Lawyers 2012 Lawyers of the Year” in their respective practice categories and office cities. They are:
- Christian F. Binnig, Chicago Communications Law Lawyer of the Year;
- Jeffrey P. Cantrell, Charlotte Securitization & Structured Finance Law Lawyer of the Year;
- Andrew L. Frey, New York City Appellate Practice Lawyer of the Year;
- Jason H. P. Kravitt, New York City Securitization & Structured Finance Law Lawyer of the Year;
- Theodore A. Livingston, Jr., Chicago Administrative/Regulatory Law Lawyer of the Year;
- Stephanie M. Monaco, Washington, DC Private Funds/Hedge Funds Law Lawyer of the Year; and
David Narefsky, Chicago Government Relations Practice Lawyer of the Year.
Honorees received particularly high ratings in Best Lawyers’ peer review surveys by “earning respect among their peers for their abilities, professionalism and integrity,” the publication said in announcing the inaugural awards. Only one winner was named in each city and practice category.