20 February 2007 - Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP attorneys represented the prevailing sides in two major U.S. Supreme Court decisions issued today. The decisions, both of which are favorable to the American business community, involved punitive damages and antitrust issues.
- An announcement of the two victories is available here.
- A post on the Wall Street Journal Law Blog discussing Andy Frey and Andy Pincus, the Mayer Brown attorneys who argued Philip Morris and Weyerhaeuser respectively, is available here.
- A post on the Blog of the Legal Times discussing the two victories is available here.
- The briefs in Philip Morris USA v. Williams are available here.
- The briefs in Weyerhaeuser Co. v. Ross-Simmons Hardwood Lumber Co. are available here.
Stay up-to-date on our perspectivesSubscribe to Email