For 20 years Mayer Brown's cutting-edge Technology Transactions practice has helped customers develop and manage high-value relationships with providers of critical services and technology, which have included some of the largest outsourcing and software transactions ever attempted. In recent years, we have helped a growing number of clients implement digital and data-driven strategies through technology transactions and govern those complex relationships.
Clients rely on Mayer Brown’s in-depth understanding of technology transactions to secure high-value contracts, improve operations, build digital platforms and achieve compliance.
Mayer Brown's Technology Transactions practice includes more than 50 lawyers throughout the Americas, Asia and Europe. The practice has achieved the highest ratings from directory publishers such as Chambers and The Legal 500, as well as from the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals.
Mayer Brown's Technology Transactions lawyers have advised clients on thousands of technology transactions, which allows us to offer extensive experience and deep market knowledge. Many of our lawyers have worked as in-house legal counsel for outsourcing providers and in business or technical roles for leading outsourcing, technology and supply chain companies. We use this experience to drive value for clients and to advise them on market-competitive terms. Our core capabilities include:
International Association of Outsourcing Professionals
- Ranked as one of the top law firms in 2009 thru 2019 on The World's Best Outsourcing Advisors list for The Global Outsourcing 100™.
- Technology Firm of the Year, 2016.
Global Sourcing Awards, UK
- “Support Community Greats – Legal Advisors” 2018/2019.
Asian Legal Business Hong Kong Law Awards
- TMT Law Firm of the Year (Hong Kong) 2018.
U.S. News/Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms”
- “Law firm of the Year” in Information Technology Law 2016.
- “Tier 1” Ranking in Information Technology Law National 2013-2018.
- “Tier 1” Ranking in Information Technology Law Chicago 2013-2018.
- “Tier 1” Ranking in Information Technology Law Washington DC 2013-2018.
- “Band 1” Ranking in IT/Outsourcing Globalwide 2008-2001; 2015-2019.
- “Band 2” ranking in IT/Outsourcing Globalwide 2012-2014.
- “Band 1” ranking in IT/Outsourcing USA 2009-2019.
“They are very good, and are able to communicate and synthesize information in a useful and easily understandable way. They are able to lead negotiations and talk to businesspeople in a way that evokes the responses. They are level-headed, calm and very deliberate throughout the process."
“…Mayer Brown is a force to be reckoned with.”
- “Band 1” Ranking in IT/Outsourcing Nationwide for 15 consecutive years (2004-2018).
- “Band 1” Ranking in Technology/Outsourcing District of Columbia 2008-2018.
- “Band 1” Ranking in Technology/Outsourcing Illinois 2008-2018.
“They’re very practical in terms of trying to identify solutions and giving very good advice on areas where it is reasonable for us to compromise or, alternatively, where to hold our ground.”
“We have never been disappointed. They are worth their weight in gold.”
Chambers Asia Pacific
- “Band 2” Ranking in TMT 2011-2019.
Undertakes impressive mandates for technology and telecommunications companies, and is supported by an equally impressive IP practice
- “Band 3” Ranking in IT/Outsourcing 2016-2018.
“They complete work quickly, their advice is high-quality, and they're responsive to our needs.”
“Commercial focus, thoroughness, depth of thought and expert communication.”
“Highly regarded outsourcing practice noted for its international reach. Advises on business-critical projects, often at the vanguard of technology, such as big data analytics and cloud services.”
The Legal 500 US
- “Tier 1” Ranking in Outsourcing/Information Technology 2008-2018.
- Ranked “Team of the Year” in Media, Technology and Telecoms: Outsourcing Category for 2014.
Mayer Brown is “very high quality; the lawyers are responsive, thorough, business-minded, and experts in their field.”
“Strategic, thoughtful and extremely well organized.”
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
Serves an impressive list of high-end clients, covering matters such as data privacy, cloud services and technology agreements as well as e-commerce work.
Provides very insightful advice to clients across a range of TMT matters including data privacy, cloud computing and fintech.