With more than 50 lawyers representing clients in information technology outsourcing (ITO) and business process outsourcing (BPO) transactions, our Technology Transactions practice has represented customers in more than 400 significant outsourcing transactions with an aggregate market value exceeding $200 billion.
Our Technology Transactions lawyers have been involved with nearly every type of ITO and BPO transaction, and we have exceptional insight into issues and solutions affecting any outsourcing transaction. Clients say that our team of outsourcing lawyers “has cornered the market, thanks to its lawyers with great perspective—they come in and look at the nuts and bolts of the problem, and have practical ideas.” Because we see deals from all sides and know how they work from the inside, we can add value to transactions for our clients. Understanding the business of our clients enables us to provide services tailored to their needs.
We have one of the largest and most experienced team of lawyers focusing on outsourcing, including a core group of partners who have worked together for more than a decade. Many of our lawyers have worked either as inside legal counsel for outsourcing providers or in business roles for leading companies in the IT industry. This allows our team to better understand technical issues and supplier perspectives and to communicate effectively about them with our clients. We use this experience to drive value for clients and to advise them on market competitive terms.
Mayer Brown’s client roster includes the most recognizable names in the business world, many of whom turn to us repeatedly as their outsourcing needs grow ever more complex. We support these clients with their outsourcing strategies, including:
- Information technology outsourcing
- Facilities management outsourcing
- Finance and accounting outsourcing
- Human resources outsourcing
- Procurement outsourcing
- Telecommunications outsourcing
- Claims processing and other back-office outsourcing
International Association of Outsourcing Professionals
- Ranked as one of the top law firms in 2009 thru 2019 on The World's Best Outsourcing Advisors list for The Global Outsourcing 100™.
- Technology Firm of the Year, 2016.
Global Sourcing Awards, UK
- “Support Community Greats – Legal Advisors” 2018/2019.
Asian Legal Business Hong Kong Law Awards
- TMT Law Firm of the Year (Hong Kong) 2018.
U.S. News/Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms”
- “Law firm of the Year” in Information Technology Law 2016.
- “Tier 1” Ranking in Information Technology Law National 2013-2018.
- “Tier 1” Ranking in Information Technology Law Chicago 2013-2018.
- “Tier 1” Ranking in Information Technology Law Washington DC 2013-2018.
- “Band 1” Ranking in IT/Outsourcing Globalwide 2008-2001; 2015-2019.
- “Band 2” ranking in IT/Outsourcing Globalwide 2012-2014.
- “Band 1” ranking in IT/Outsourcing USA 2009-2019.
“They are very good, and are able to communicate and synthesize information in a useful and easily understandable way. They are able to lead negotiations and talk to businesspeople in a way that evokes the responses. They are level-headed, calm and very deliberate throughout the process."
“…Mayer Brown is a force to be reckoned with.”
- “Band 1” Ranking in IT/Outsourcing Nationwide for 15 consecutive years (2004-2018).
- “Band 1” Ranking in Technology/Outsourcing District of Columbia 2008-2018.
- “Band 1” Ranking in Technology/Outsourcing Illinois 2008-2018.
“They’re very practical in terms of trying to identify solutions and giving very good advice on areas where it is reasonable for us to compromise or, alternatively, where to hold our ground.”
“We have never been disappointed. They are worth their weight in gold.”
Chambers Asia Pacific
- “Band 2” Ranking in TMT 2011-2019.
Undertakes impressive mandates for technology and telecommunications companies, and is supported by an equally impressive IP practice
- “Band 3” Ranking in IT/Outsourcing 2016-2018.
“They complete work quickly, their advice is high-quality, and they're responsive to our needs.”
“Commercial focus, thoroughness, depth of thought and expert communication.”
“Highly regarded outsourcing practice noted for its international reach. Advises on business-critical projects, often at the vanguard of technology, such as big data analytics and cloud services.”
The Legal 500 US
- “Tier 1” Ranking in Outsourcing/Information Technology 2008-2018.
- Ranked “Team of the Year” in Media, Technology and Telecoms: Outsourcing Category for 2014.
Mayer Brown is “very high quality; the lawyers are responsive, thorough, business-minded, and experts in their field.”
“Strategic, thoughtful and extremely well organized.”
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
Serves an impressive list of high-end clients, covering matters such as data privacy, cloud services and technology agreements as well as e-commerce work.
Provides very insightful advice to clients across a range of TMT matters including data privacy, cloud computing and fintech.