As we have in other times of market disruption, Mayer Brown is committed to providing our clients with regular, real-time updates addressing the financial markets, including the COVID-19 crisis. Our Global Financial Markets (GFM) updates include news and insights on new regulations, pending and potential enforcement and litigation matters, bankruptcies, corporate developments and their financial implications. The 30-minute audio presentations are available as real-time conference calls or available at any time on our podcast page.
Recognizing that timely information is helpful not only during moments of crisis, we have continued this program (today, known simply as the “Global Financial Markets [GFM]” series) for more than a decade. Several times each month, lawyers from across our global offices provide unfiltered insight on a wide range of topics, including finance, financial restructuring, government investigations and prosecutions, litigation, insurance and reinsurance and regulatory developments in Asia, Europe and the United States.
Past calls have been included those conducted by:
- Lawyers with deep financial institution M&A experience and other legal disciplines that are key to business combinations in the financial sector, including tax lawyers who have advised on net operating losses and other insolvency tax planning issues.
- Seasoned financial services regulatory and government relations practitioners with substantial experience and strong relationships with financial regulatory agencies in the Americas, Europe and other regions, as well as with all types of banks and other financial institutions.
- Internationally renowned finance lawyers with vast experience in the creation and structure of CDOs, the securitization and sale of residential mortgage loans and the development of innovative financing transactions for banks and state-licensed mortgage lenders.
- Leading financial restructuring and bankruptcy practitioners who regularly advise failing banks, their holding companies, counterparties and potential investors and who are experienced in the particular issues that arise when financial products become distressed.
- Accomplished litigators who have extensive experience representing our clients in litigation before government enforcement agencies concerning financial products.
For details on our next teleconference or to listen to a recording of one of our previous calls, please visit our Events section.