Our first Employment Group seminar of 2014 started with a review of the key developments in employment law over the last year and a look ahead to what we can expect in 2014. The programme included:
- TUPE – the latest tribunal cases plus the new TUPE regulations: what has changed and the impact on a combined TUPE/redundancy process
- Other legislative changes – including whistleblowing (the new "public interest" requirement), data protection (the new code of practice for dealing with subject access requests), and the abolition of discrimination questionnaires
- All change in the Tribunals – the introduction of fees, early conciliation of claims and a new unfair dismissal cap
- Case law round up – recent and upcoming cases on restrictive covenants and garden leave, unfair dismissal and discrimination
- Family-friendly changes – extending flexible working rights to everyone and the overhaul of the maternity/parental leave system
For additional information, please email LON-Events@mayerbrown.com or call +44 20 3130 8349.