Please join Mayer Brown partner Stuart Litwin at PLI’s Understanding Financial Products 2018 in New York. Stuart will present on “Securitized Products”, covering structuring techniques, changes in the market, regulatory and legislative developments, the status of traditional and new asset classes and the future of structured finance.
Why You Should Attend
The explosion of new financial products over the past decade, the implosion of the credit markets and the resulting significant new regulatory requirements underline the importance of a basic understanding of financial products. While these instruments have been invaluable investment tools, with enormous potential for product manufacturers and investors, they also create potentially significant legal risks and challenges for their promoters, users, legal counsel and regulators. This seminar is designed as a hands-on learning tool to explain the fundamentals that you need to know when dealing with the more common financial investment products in the marketplace today.
What You Will Learn
- Learn how mutual funds and other investment companies are structured and distributed
- Explore how hedge funds and other private funds are structured and operated following the controversial JOBS Act and in light of government enforcement agencies’ efforts surrounding them
- Evaluate universal life insurance, variable insurance products, guarantees and life settlements
- Discuss flow-through entities, including REITS, BDCs and similar vehicles
- Consider the mortgage market since the financial crisis, including the rules of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the FHA, and the emergence of covered bonds as a financial product
- Gain insight into the use of derivatives — swaps, collars, options, futures and forwards to hedge portfolio positions.
Earn one hour of Ethics credit
Who Should Attend
This program is a perfect fit for attorneys at all levels who are involved in securities, corporate, banking and finance, and insurance law, as well as in-house counsel, financial planners, financial advisors, bankers, and accountants.
PLI New York Center
1177 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York 10036
For more information or to register, please visit the conference website.